Dreams About Ex Boyfriend

Al

I am so confused right now. I have a great boyfriend right now and we've been together for almost a year. He's a great guy and would do anything in the world for me. In fact, I've never had a boyfriend treat me as good as he does. I know that he loves me and he talks about marriage and moving in together all the time. He's even paying double payments on the loans he has right now b/c he wants to pay them off so we can start looking for a place to live. Great, who would complain about that right? I didn't think there was a problem until lately. For the two weeks' I've been having dreams about my ex boyfriend. Him and I were together for five years and lived together for 1.5 years and things just didn't work out. We went our separate ways and just became friends again within the last six months. He has a girlfriend and I don't want to get back together with him. My current boyfriend treats me ten times better than my ex so why do you think I'm having all these dreams. I did have a dream last night that my ex wanted to get back with me. The "forever and ever" talks with my current boyfriend have been quite frequent lately since our one year anniversary is coming up, do you think this is what is causing the dreams? And if so, why? I do think I'll marry my current boyfriend but I'm still a little edgy about the living together situation b/c it didn't work for me the last time. Do you think the dreams of my ex have to do with my past keeping me from my future?

i think the dreams of your past will only affect your future if you let them. i think out of respect for your current great bf you need to forget about these dreams and put all you have into this relationship;

with your past long relationship, you have all you need to know what will make this one work and what wont. go with that. forget about these dreams. the only ppl it will hurt is yourself, and if you act on it- your current bf.

exes are exes fora reason!!

• 1 year later...

I imagine the talk of the new commitment has you a little wigged out.

Every once in a while I dream of an ex and it is soooooooo weird. I imagine it is your psyche telling you something. In your case probably just a case of feeling really grateful that you're in such a good and right place with the new guy!

Make sure you take the time you need before you move in with Mr. Perfect. If you're feeling anxious, maybe buy yourself some more time. Be honest about your apprehensions. Nothing wrong with being careful.

It is still a fairly new relationship.

fundamental

Maybe you want something that you can't have!?!?! Couple this with the "forever and ever" comments by your current guy, might make you want to withdraw and think about your ex. Seems as if you have conflicting issues. You are having the dreams about your ex-bf because your current bf is putting unintentional pressure on you. The ex-bf is an escape.

The root of the problem is your dealings with the current guy. You need to talk to him--not about the dreams--but about the committment and your fears.