changed behavior, should I be concerned?

nice-easy-day

nice-easy-day

So there is this girl I met online who I've been on a couple dates with and talked on the phone with a few times.

First time I talked on the phone to set up a date she swore a lot. Went on the first date and the same thing. I think it's unattractive to be throwing out the F-bomb with someone you don't even know on a date. I have a clean mouth and never swear when conversing with someone.

Anyway, second date. No swearing. When we talk on the phone now she doesn't swear either.

So what's up with that? It's not acceptable to me for a woman to have a potty mouth. I'm fine with the way we talk now but I'm afraid when I get to know her and she loosens up it might be a problem. What about if this goes farther and I'm around her and her friends at the same time. Who will she choose to impress? See where I'm going with this?

Am I being critical or would some of you also be concerned about this?

Some people swear like that because they think it makes them look tough or cool and attractive. But, to others it gets old real fast and is a sign of immaturity and a turn off.

Maybe she noticed that you don't use such language and decided to cut it out. Wait and see how she acts on the next few dates then you will be in a better position to make a decision of whether you want to continue or not.

• Author
nice-easy-day
Maybe she noticed that you don't use such language and decided to cut it out. Wait and see how she acts on the next few dates then you will be in a better position to make a decision of whether you want to continue or not.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. The next few dates would go fine and I'm happy the way we talk now. What about 3 months from now?

What I'm asking is: because she's already shown that she can restrain herself should I not worry about it? She changed around me but that doesn't mean she's changed. I've never come across this in all the girls I've dated. It's a first.

Yes, that's exactly what happened. The next few dates would go fine and I'm happy the way we talk now. What about 3 months from now?

What I'm asking is: because she's already shown that she can restrain herself should I not worry about it? She changed around me but that doesn't mean she's changed. I've never come across this in all the girls I've dated. It's a first.

You just have to ask yourself how important it is to you. If it will bother you in the future if it pops up again then it might be a red flag.