LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

How do I stop being so shy and socially awkward?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 29th November 2010, 1:24 AM   #1
Established Member

How do I stop being so shy and socially awkward?

****. I am so sick of messing things up. I'm dating this guy and he makes it quite clear that he's into me. When we're on dates, I do a good job at laughing at his jokes and making eye contact when he's talking. But when I'm talking, I start saying stupid things and avoiding eye contact. Although we've made out, I'm still too shy to hold his hand when we're walking. When we hugged goodbye a couple of days ago, I was too shy to give him a kiss on the cheek (although we were somewhat in public). WTF is wrong with me? I know that I'm being ridiculous because how hard is it to hold someone's hand???? When I'm in the situation, I lose all logic and just mentally and internally implode and become awkward. UGH!!!!! I know it's not the end of the world, but I don't want to give him the vibe that I'm not interested in him. Some help would be wonderful
Old 29th November 2010, 1:32 AM   #2
Established Member

Tell him - " Sorry, I tend to be shy around people I like".

That should make him happy

- Bobsacramento
xpaperxcutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 1:33 AM   #3
Established Member

It's just like anything else in life. You put your fear (shyness) aside and go for it. Not easy I know, but it can be done
Old 29th November 2010, 7:21 AM   #4
Established Member

He's the man. It's conventionally up to him to initiate kissing, hand holding etc.
Tim The Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 6:49 PM   #5
Established Member

I saw that you posted this on Yahoo! Answers - I'm the same way. Except, I've never had a 'real' girlfriend. I don't have advice - I'd like it myself. I have trouble with eye contact and I'm just really shy. Insecure. Everything.

I wish I was different. When I was younger, I seemed to be completely different. Not sure what happened.
Old 6th December 2010, 7:55 PM   #6
Established Member

Depends on a lot of things. Is this your first experience with this, is this generalized to all people (not just opposite sex), does your heart race, does your mind race in public? Do you normally have eye contact problems or is this just shyness from this particular person/situation/relationship?
Yer_Blues is offline   Reply With Quote