Ladies, dating at your workplace?

kevin32

Hi ladies. There's a woman at my job that I want to ask out on a date, but before I ask her out, I want to make sure she's interested in me first, because I don't want to make her uncomfortable. I have a few questions:

1. Why would you consider dating a man from your job, rather than dating a man from the bar or club?

2. Have you ever dated a guy from your workplace? How did he ask you out on a date? What was it about him that made you attracted to him in the first place? Or can you recommend some ways I should conduct myself at work that will make her more receptive to me when I ask her out on a date? Thanks.

Don't piss where you swim... it's tempting, and I'd probably do it again, if this one particular female in my office would be approachable, lol.. but just imagine what a pIA it will be when the relationship ends and you have to deal with each other or cross paths on a day by day basis.

I dated someone from my office a few years ago.. Akward, yes, but we ended up being together 4 years, I left there after about a year of us dating, but the worst was if we would get in an argument (the night b4 for example), and then the next day she wouldn't answer my text or calls, and it was a F'N pia seeing her walking around, ignoring me, and I couldn't just go up to her to talk or her office ...since it wasn't known we were dating NOR we worked on the same functions within the department...

• Author

I want to add another question to my original post:

3. Is there anything you say or do to indicate to the guy that you like him and want to go out with him? Maybe smiling more or something?

My company policy is you can't work in the same department.

We have a lot of couples there.

I work alone & don't come into regular contact with other women unless it's a specific project so if I dated another woman from work it probably wouldn't matter if we broke up.

However I married an employee. She left the company before she got caught cheating so I only have to see her when we exchange kids.