Any white guys have insight on dating persian girls?

CLS63AMG

I am dating one now and gotta say she is nothing like a typical white girl that I am used to dating. Any warnings I should know about?

Thx

I don't know persian girls, but I can give you some insight into Asian girls. :p

Can you elaborate a little before we list the stereotypes?

Feelin Frisky

Hmmm, Persian? Sounds a lot more romantic than what it is: Iraqi or Iranian. Sure, Persian. I'll bite.

I am dating one now and gotta say she is nothing like a typical white girl that I am used to dating. Any warnings I should know about?

Thx

Sooo... is she Iranian American? Canadian? Diasporan? Not all persian girls are in the same boat. How much control do her parents have over her? How conservative are her parents? Does she speak Farsi?

In my experience if she is young and the parents are conservative... your going to have some serious restrictions.

Also... what is her view on religion?

Lots of stumbling blocks with Muslim women. It's not like other types of inter-cultural dating.

• Author
Sooo... is she Iranian American? Canadian? Diasporan? Not all persian girls are in the same boat. How much control do her parents have over her? How conservative are her parents? Does she speak Farsi?

In my experience if she is young and the parents are conservative... your going to have some serious restrictions.

Lots of stumbling blocks with Muslim women. It's not like other types of inter-cultural dating.

Persian-American, not religious, 26 yrs old, father not in the picture, mother is-havent met her yet.

From what I read already, they are very stuck up and have high standards. This one doesnt seem to hold either trait, although I dont take her to crap places either as I prefer the nicer joints.

I am asking in general, from guys with experience...how do the differ from white girls?

Persian-American, not religious, 26 yrs old, father not in the picture, mother is-havent met her yet.

From what I read already, they are very stuck up and have high standards. This one doesnt seem to hold either trait, although I dont take her to crap places either as I prefer the nicer joints.

I am asking in general, from guys with experience...how do the differ from white girls?

Well... it sounds like she is pretty much Americanized... so I'd say not much difference.

The Iranian American girl I dated had super controlling parents. So it sounds like your pretty much in the clear.

As far as being stuck up with high standards... clearly your already in the door. I don't think they expect more or less than white girls.

Curious, around here the ones who self identify as Persian and not Iranian tend to be Jewish.

White woman here who's dated a Persian man = the most wonderful dating experience I've had :love:

But more seriously: IME (which goes beyond this particular man), Persians are very proud people who (understandably) view their very rich intellectual and cultural heritage as something that makes their history quite distinguished. This sense of being distinguished ocassionally translates to the personal level :laugh: which goes back to your stuck up/high standards. Be a gentleman.

White woman here who's dated a Persian man = the most wonderful dating experience I've had :love:

my roommate is dating a persian guy atm; swears all the time how she'll never date another white man :lmao:

But more seriously: IME (which goes beyond this particular man), Persians are very proud people who (understandably) view their very rich intellectual and cultural heritage as something that makes their history quite distinguished. This sense of being distinguished ocassionally translates to the personal level :laugh: which goes back to your stuck up/high standards. Be a gentleman.

yes. whatever you do, do not make the mistake of lumping arabs and persians into some homogenised middle eastern glob of sameness.

oh and maybe you can ask her about 'ghelyoon' ... or hookaah (arab) as it's more commonly known :cool:

yes. whatever you do, do not make the mistake of lumping arabs and persians into some homogenised middle eastern glob of sameness.

:

Agreed. Total recipe for social and romantic suicide :lmao: