LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

On Match - profile not available

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 13th November 2010, 2:45 PM   #1
Established Member

On Match - profile not available

Hi there

So you know, I'm not taking this personally. Just wondering if anyone has any inside info.

In the past week, I have sent out about 3 e-mails to guys who's profiles then become 'unavailable'. They don't read the e-mails, and I can't click on their profiles.

The FAQ's on match will tell you that it doesn't mean they blocked you, but it's seeming like a strange coincidence to me.

Just now I was online looking at a guy's profile. I sent him an e-mail, and immediately after I hit send I get a 'wink' from him. The first e-mail I sent him was a quick 'hello', and not too much more. Then when he winked I sent him another e-mail and said 'Thanks for the wink, I got it right after I e-mailed you. I'm not sure which came first, that's funny'. Or something like that.

Anyway, he read both of those e-mails, and now his profile is 'unavailable'.

But remember, he winked at me, and probably before I sent the e-mail since the wink came almost immediately after I hit send on the e-mail.

Strange.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with match? Is it possible these guys are blocking me? Am I chasing them away by being the first to contact them? Coincidence?

When I do e-mail a guy I make it short and sweet. I really figure that if they don't like my profile (or my pics) they won't get back to me so a long e-mail seems really silly.

Thanks
curlygirl40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2010, 6:10 PM   #2
Established Member

Curly,

I think you are taking this personally when it has nothing to do with you. I have noticed that a couple of guys will hide their profile and I also find it odd. One guy was right after we met and I was not at all into him. The other guy was right after he sent me an email, which I found really odd. We ended up going out. For whatever reason, don't want someone at work to see or possibly have a gf or wife to hide it from, they're probably hiding it from everyone so don't worry about it.

Just keep moving. I know I have hidden my profile as well, when I got overwhelmed by the number of emails I was getting and had no hopes of responding to many.
daphne is offline   Reply With Quote