When he says he doesn't want a relationship, but doesn't want you dating other guys?

Hopeful30

Wtf??

He isn't over his ex, so I broke up with him, told him to take his time.

Now, he becomes semi-posessive, jealous when I keep in touch with other guys, even tried looking through my phone again (password protected this time).

I just DONT get it. Why be so protective of a girl, and chase her and chase her, when you don't want to be her boyfriend? He's not getting any sex, or money, or anything else... what I mean is that he's not exactly using me for anything...not that I can think of. So why keep me around if "I can't give you what you want"?

Wtf??

Now, he becomes semi-posessive, jealous when I keep in touch with other guys, even tried looking through my phone again (password protected this time).

I just DONT get it. Why be so protective of a girl, and chase her and chase her, when you don't want to be her boyfriend? He's not getting any sex, or money, or anything else... what I mean is that he's not exactly using me for anything...not that I can think of. So why keep me around if "I can't give you what you want"?

To be blunt: it's because part of who he is at core is a possessive control freak, it's not because he is secretly in love with you.

You broke up with him, why is he monitoring who you keep in touch with and getting his hands on your phone? Is this one of those "break ups" that is in name only, while you continue to spend all your free time with him as "friends"?

• Author
To be blunt: it's because part of who he is at core is a possessive control freak, it's not because he is secretly in love with you.

You broke up with him, why is he monitoring who you keep in touch with and getting his hands on your phone? Is this one of those "break ups" that is in name only, while you continue to spend all your free time with him as "friends"?

Not at all, i've been doing my own thing. He's been calling me more than usual, nothing possessive like "what are you doing now what did you do today" but more like "Hi, how are you? What's up?"

Wtf??

Cut him out of your life permanently. Why he's behaving the way he is is not your problem.

• Author
Cut him out of your life permanently. Why he's behaving the way he is is not your problem.

You're so right. I almost feel stupid for worrying about it so much. He is acting like that for his reasons, not mine.

I guess i'm the typical woman... think its always something wrong with us and never the guy.