Success finally: OKC delivered the goods finally!

After 2 years of online dating, I decided it wasn't for me. That I'd never get an LTR, sites were full of players, blah, blah, blah.

But truth was, I wasn't attracted to men who were genuinely awesome. I got into that whole looks thing. I pretended that I didn't care about looks that much, but I lied.

So, I took a chance and tried something different. There was a guy I talked to on OKC 18 months ago. We had a ton of things in common, but I was hesitant about his picture- he was significantly overweight and he wasn't that pretty. So we Facebooked each other and never went out.

So I sent a Facebook message and asked him out. We had a date last night. I was so nervous thinking what if I don't feel the spark. What if he's really nice and I'm not into him?

We started our night with coffee. He looked like his pictures, but in person, his weight wasn't unattractive. I liked what he wore- a cool t-shirt that was related to the DJ world, a white button down on top and jeans. He greeted me with a hug.

I felt a spark about 10 minutes in when he was telling me a story and he laughed. He had this genuine laugh and then I noticed he had dimples. Aw. We had so many common interests and our conservation flowed the whole time.

Then I took him to small club where my friend was a DJ hosting a party. My date was an ex DJ and was able to talk to people on his own. He talked music to the DJs spinnning at the place. He said he wasn't a good dancer (a lot of DJs aren't), but he danced with me anyway.

At the end of the night, we set up our next date for next Saturday. And I invited him in to tour my apartment. I wasn't ready to kiss him, but we hugged for a while. Twice.

He commented that he had butterflies in his stomach and had a great time with me. I wasn't gaga about him or "in love," but I can see myself heading in that direction. I'm looking forward to our next date.

I'm glad that I came to my senses and looked beyond the picture and got to have met this incredible man.

I'll keep you posted on how this develops.

Sorry to blather on so long, but I'm so happy.

Insanitylater
So, I took a chance and tried something different.

OKC didnt deliver the goods, you as a woman finally took your head out of the sand and started living in reality with the rest of the guys in the world.

As you stated you took a chance. If every women woke up and joined reality dating would be much easier.

Isnt there a secret society of women that makes sure people like you dont spill the beans on the inner workings of the female mind? I'd watch my back if I was you, I'm sure there are plenty of unhappy females out there now that you crossed the line with your admission. :laugh:

Insanitylater
Awww! So happy for you!!! I'm glad something good can come out of OKC. Gives me hope ;)

Another one acting like "oh there is good on OKC!"

Look at how women spin it like this is some huge revelation they just figured out.

OPEN YOUR EYES AND GO OUT AND BE PROACTIVE!

Women constantly b*tch at guys to be confident and man-up, yet most dont lift a finger to even talk to a guy.

Even if a guy is not that confident or lacks skills, AT LEAST hes being proactive in his search!

ReturnToSender

That is super sweet! And gives me hope too... I also look for that spark, which is more like feeling that connection with someone. I felt it right away with my ex on our first date, and now that Im dating again have started to feel silly for wanting to feel that cause no guy sparks that in me so far. But maybe Im not being silly afterall :) Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

May the fun and closeness continue and develop! I'm happy for you.

Insanitylater

Why is everyone like oh that gives me hope !!

Are you people seriously that messed up to the point that someone writing 1 story about finding a good date totally changes your outlook to your whole dating world????????

Your world is what you make it, why do you need someone else to kickstart your thought process on how you perceive your own situation ??

Why is everyone like oh that gives me hope !!

Are you people seriously that messed up to the point that someone writing 1 story about finding a good date totally changes your outlook to your whole dating world????????

Your world is what you make it, why do you need someone else to kickstart your thought process on how you perceive your own situation ??

My god, dude, you just have a really poor, depressing attitude. Troll.

ReturnToSender
My god, dude, you just have a really poor, depressing attitude. Troll.

Awe..whyd you have to quote him? lol!! I blocked him cause everything he says is so bitter and depressing to read...always so quick to shoot down any amount of positivity, seems to find it all so annoying.

Yeah, with all the hard stuff so many of us are going through, its wonderful to read something nice and I do appreciate seeing someone who posts cause things turned out well for them. :love:

Insanitylater

Of course its nice, but the reality of the scenario is if she would have opened her eyes how many years ago, maybe she would have reached her goal that much sooner.

You know I'm 100% right, you just dont like any common sense, or reality brought into these discussions.

Everyone drink the kool-aid, burn the books, and dont dare speak your mind.

• Author
Of course its nice, but the reality of the scenario is if she would have opened her eyes how many years ago, maybe she would have reached her goal that much sooner.

You know I'm 100% right, you just dont like any common sense, or reality brought into these discussions.

Everyone drink the kool-aid, burn the books, and dont dare speak your mind.

I don't disagree with you, but I've never been the type who went for the "hot" guy. And I found plenty of boyfriends over the years. But when I did online dating, I got seduced by the idea that I could find someone "perfect". I was drawn to the men who weren't into me. And I pushed away the guys who liked me because I thought I could do better.

I decided to subvert the system and pick the guy who had every quality I wanted except for looks and see what happened. For once, pictures didn't matter- the person did. And sure enough, I clicked with him.

Insanitylater
I don't disagree with you, but I've never been the type who went for the "hot" guy. And I found plenty of boyfriends over the years. But when I did online dating, I got seduced by the idea that I could find someone "perfect". I was drawn to the men who weren't into me. And I pushed away the guys who liked me because I thought I could do better.

I decided to subvert the system and pick the guy who had every quality I wanted except for looks and see what happened. For once, pictures didn't matter- the person did. And sure enough, I clicked with him.

Funny how most of the posters on here are ready to burn me at the stake, but it turns out the OP seems to be on the same page as me. Wonder how they will accept this turn of events?

So many people are close minded on this site its sick.

I give kudos to the OP for speaking her mind, being honest, and not giving in to the majority of sheep posting on this site.

ReturnToSender

Yeah I actually tend to go after guys who arent "classically" good looking..whatever that means hah! Physical attraction definitely does count for me, but my perception of what is attractive seems to be totally opposite of everyone else. Since my first crush friends have teased me I never have to worry about them oogling over any man of mine :eek:

I do think I need to do the same thing as you did though, like last nite I went out and met up with a guy Im planning to do some business with. I dont find him attractive *at alllll!* Meanwhile, the whole nite women were practically throwing themselves at him, one came up to me and said "Id have a piece of that and ask for seconds" Say wha?! Times like these I wonder, am I really that warped?! lol

A part of me is thinking who knows, if I can get past it that physically hes not remotely close to my type, then who knows. Im going to see him on Tues so yeah..will see...

• Author

Insanitylater-

To me, every poster in Love Shack is an individual so it makes sense to relate to people as if we are having a real world conversation.

But I prefer not to make categorical statements about LS posters. I believe we are too diverse too be categorized as being mostly one way or the other.

Instead of closed minded, I prefer to think of us as passionate about our opinions. :)

But this comment is completely off topic. Sorry for the digression.