Missing her, don't know what's happened: could she be ignoring me?

Moribund

Hi,

This is my story...

I met a girl about 6 weeks ago online, and we got on really well from day one, we would talk for hours a day, we had loads in common and understood each other, shared similar sense of humour etc, it was like we were soul mates, neither of us had a proper relationship before so we were happy and excited, she then had net problems and i didn't speak to her for 2 weeks, we missed each other a lot, after she came back things started to become great again, and we got really close, we were talking on and off all day, sometimes for 6 hours at a time, and telling each other things we haven't told anyone else.

However i haven't spoke to her for 4 days now, we talk on yahoo and theirs been a problem were she cant see me when im on yahoo, but we sometimes talk on msn and she hasn't been on that, and i've been trying to call her but never a reply, i've left her voicemail and txt messaged her, still nothing, i know she has been online as i saw her in a chatroom a couple of times but she couldn't see me, i asked someone to give her a message from and she asked what i was saying, when she was told she left, which made me think could she be ignoring me? the last time we spoke everything was great so i haven't done anything wrong to warrant her ignoring me, i haven't seen her on chat since, so i'm just not sure what is going on, even if she is having net problems and can't get online why won't she ring me or answer the phone? maybe her phone was stolen but that's unlikely, the only other thing i can think is that someone has told her something bad about me, but we don't even have any mutual friends etc so that's hihgly unlikely too, or that her parents won't let her speak to me, but i don't see why they wouldn't, i've never even met them, i miss her so much, i'm angry that she hasn't contacted me, and scared of losing her for good, i know all i can really do is wait to see if she contacts me, but i can't stop thinking about her and what's happened.

If anyone has any ideas of what might have happened please share them, i just want to know whats happened and be re-assured i'll speak to her again, or if anyone has any ideas on how to contact her other than what i tried, i'd like to know, she is the only person i'm really close to and i feel so lonely right now.

If she "can't see you" when you're online, especially if it's Yahoo, you're on her ignore list. Sorry to say it, but it looks like she doesn't want to speak to you. Maybe something freaked her out or something.

• Author

I can't see her when she is online either, it must be a yahoo glitch, she has no reason whatsoever to have put me on ignore, and she couldn't see my name at all in the chatroom, even if i was on ignore, she would still be able to see my name just wouldn't be able to see anything i say.

Sorry to say this, but...

She has moved on. She is putting distance between you both online AND ON THE PHONE. If it was only an online thing, one could wonder. There is NO question here, as she is not paying any attn to you in either situation.

You've telephoned, instant messaged, voicemailed, and even seen her online and tried to talk. She doesn't return your telephone calls and she LEAVES THE CHATROOM YOU SEE HER IN!!!!). Telephone possibly stolen you say????????

Comeon big guy...it's as clear as crystal. You're being purposely ignored by this chick.

People can be strange sometimes. I should know cuz I am! :p I happen to believe that there is more than an "average" number of strange people online in chatrooms. I'm not downing chatrooms in general, BUT, go into any number of them yourselves. See who is there, sometimes day after day after...and notice the way that many of them interact with others in the room; it's like a circus. :laugh:

Online and distance relationships are often particularly hard to do, because the physical separation makes a number of people more apt to ignore the rules of good/honest/respectful conduct when dealing with significant (or insignificant :p) others in that context. Sometimes, you're reduced to being someone from somewhere with a less than "real" level of consciousness. Online, you're part of the disembodied public. :p

Don't fret. Many many many people suffer a similar fate. Knowing how she behaved before, she MAY strike out with the new person/people in a couple of weeks more, and then possibly "magically" regain the ability to "see" you online.

How long would this go on before getting a little irritating to ya?

Move on. Reach out and touch someone locally. No Yahoo, no MSN, no SMS, no telephone tag....you get the idea, a girl with an actual physical presence and a heart you can feel beating against your chest when you hold her. It's always the best way IMHO.

Best regards,

Curt

• Author

Can none of you realise the fact that we really like each other and she wouldn't ignore me on purpose, she didn't pretend to not be able to see me ffs, i was hoping for positive replies and all i get is cynicism....

You don't go from being extremely close to someone and really liking them to never wanting to talk to them again, it just does not happen, so what if its online, this is still real life, the internet is real its just a different communication medium.