do guys really mean "i love you?"

SueAnne

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I've been dating this guy for about 4 months, and only after 3 and a half months he told me he loves me. Now, I don't know whether to believe him or not. I'm his first girlfriend, first kiss, only girl he's ever liked. We had been pretty good friends for about 2-3 years before dating and when we got together, everything was fine and still is.

He still tells me he loves me and I know I feel that strong about him too. I'm just wondering if he actually means it when he says it. He shows me he loves me like helping me, and giving me advice and caring about me. Do seniors in high school actually say "I love you?" or do they do it to get "physical needs?" We have not done anything except kissed, and he knows I won't do anything further with him until marriage, so I'm thinking he's not saying "i love you" to get "some."

Guys out there....be honest if you reply. Can you really love someone at this early an age? And do you mean it really? Or is he saying it just cuz "everyone else is saying it?" Thanks for helping me!

I fell madly in love for the first time when I was 12 to a girl who sat next to me in the seventh grade. As far as this guy's motives for telling you he loves you, the only way you'll find those out is to put him on a polygraph (lie detector) machine. Otherwise, trust his behavior to speak the truth. Why don't you just enjoy the situation rather than analyzing it so much. It's not like the two of you are going to get married anytime soon.

I've thrown those words around a couple of times not meaning it. It kept on getting me into trouble so I stopped.

Nowadays it's gotta take someone real special to hear that from me.

Does he do things to prove it? Back in the day, I never did.

Hi :D

Yep, give him some credit. He sounds sweet! He knows you are against sex before marriage, so this won't be a ploy to get you into bed. That added to the huge fact that he SHOWS his love for you and doesn't simply SAY it, makes me think that he's genuine. You've found a really special guy it seems, one who is treating you with the respect that you deserve, so return the favour by respecting that he is telling the truth.

:love:

my boyfriend of 5 months recently told me that he loves me and i have been wondering the same thing, if he really means it.

he has told literally everyone that he has dated that he loves them and it makes me very insecure. even girls that he only dated for like a week. he is 22 and i am 20 so i don't think the age is a factor. he says that he waited longer to tell me over all of the others because he wanted it to be for real and not just to say it for the heck of it. it disturbs me that he has ever thrown this word around. in my situation, i think there may be more reason for me to worry but in your situation it sounds like he could be very genuine. you are his first everything and he may in fact really mean it. its not like he has told every single girl hes ever dated that he loves them like my boyfriend :(