We want to get married, but we dont have her parents blessing for no reason

abdellost

I am an Egyptian. born and raised in America. I fell in love with a girl during a period of time that I was losing grip in life. I looked upon It as a sign and a gift from God. I got to know her and we really kicked it off. It was just like those movies, like the notebook. I decided I would want to marry her and spend the rest of my life with her.

Now here is the issue,and it seems to get worse by the day : her mother is a devoted Christian. Her dad is a muslim but not very close to the way of life. In Egypt,society matters about what class you are,what is your last name,where do you live and how rich you are. Her dads first question was "what is his last name?". Her mom apparently does not find me good enough for her daughter cause I do not have "rich or royal blood" in me,I do not have unique features such as blue eyes,blonde hair, I do not have a valuable name in this country and my family is close to the religion (something she frowns upon deeply). Her daughter loves the fact my family is close to the dean and that we are good muslims. My sisters been trying to help her start praying and such. Her mom found that threatening. Her mom forbid her to see me and my family again,but ask her daughter to hang out with people her "level". Those people her mom tried to suggest for her to go out commit sins such as occasionally drinking,adultery, smoking and the "normal" thing that society is known for now.

It got worse yesterday when her mom cornered the daughter,threaten to kill her or me if we keep seeing eachother and warned us the worst. The mom called me up and told me some mean things,such as I am not her class,I am not worthy, and some things I would not like to mention.

To make it clear, everyone around us,even her parent's friends, agree for us and are trying to help. They all met me and gave their approval. I met her brother and he liked me,but he is too scared to get involved and asked to stay out of it. So the only two people against us is her parents. I met her cousins,a few uncles know about me. They all said the parents have an issue and have the utmost worst thinking. then just last night, she text me. Telling me everyone is against us now. Her mom apparently scared them all to back off and they all are trying to pull us apart.

I need help. The girl is very sick (has a rare heart disorder), and all her life her parents been caging her (she never allowed herself to hang out with such people and do what her parents want,which is usually against the right way of life). She really is a good pure girl, apparently born different than her parents, and she does not want to give in to the things they want. I tried to look at the point of view that maybe the parents are doing this because they love and care for her. All day do to her all day is yell and make her feel bad. She is born very unique and beautiful so her parents want to use that to let her marry someone in their standards and her looks. We really do not know what to do..

shes 21 AND NOT ONCE in her life her parents let her make her own decision. they make her wear her watch the way they want to, make her eat what they want, shoot man they make her walk the way they approve. Shes been complaining to me long before we even got together, how she can not take it anymore and she can never live life. I showed her how to love by being free, eating out (her family never eats out! ever, not even ice cream). We just had a time of our lives. I am not a fan to take a girl from her parents. Why i told her if her family was good to her and if they were really caring for her and doing things cause they love her (they do things to show off to the public and everything is done for public show), then i would have backed out right away. shes always begged me that what ever happpens, never leave her because she cant stand living that kind of life style. Her brother is 25 and the kid has not grown up yet! he actaully cracked because of all that things their parents are doing to them that he literally acts like a child now.

I'm old fashioned and I would have to win over her parents or I would end it. I want to have a daughter one day, and if she married a guy I didn't approve of it would devastate me.

Chances are if I have a daughter she will date guys that I don't approve of. Id rather have a boy to be honest. Just be you. Thats all you can do.

So you want to SAVE her from her parents? You want to be her "knight in shining armor?"

hmmmm....difficult road...my parents were not as bad, but they definitely did not approve of my then husband. Of course, I was only 17 when I met him and 18 when I eloped (they disapprove!!!!! darn it! and they kept me a "virtual prisoner")...guess what? he is my ex-husband for a good reason...not saying, your union is doom, but...ahhh..I would just find another woman..if I were you...the heart has a huge capacity to love, you will find another love, as will she.....