She has become meaner and less affectionate for me since going to college

jarski213

OK i posted once about how to make the relationship with my college gf work while im still in HS. She has become meaner and less affectionate for me since going to college when i need to talk shes busy with her new friends or has band practice, she is leaving me out in her life, and when ever we do talk i tell her how i feel and she gets mad gets off line and shuts her phone off making it impossible to talk to her. Like tonite just a lil bit ago i needed help with math, and we got off subject about how we need to fix our relationship, and she got mad said ill talk to u tomorrow night i need to cool off shes said that in the past and she doesnt do ne thing but get worse, but when we talk about it for 2 hours at a time we get better, how do i get her to listen?????

PS is anyone going to the University of Iowa right Now? and is there tonite?

• Author

ok my gf and i have made up for tonite and hopefully for a long time, all i did was tell her that i needed to talk and she listened to me and i listened to her, and now were happy again *YES* i just wanted to post this as a reference if ne one ever needed it

YOU WRITE: "...all i did was tell her that i needed to talk and she listened to me and i listened to her, and now were happy again..."

So how is this supposed to help us if you don't tell us what you talked about???

YOU ASK: "PS is anyone going to the University of Iowa right Now? and is there tonite?"

Yes, I attend University of Iowa majoring in proctomology. I am here right now and just ran into your girlfriend. She was storming over to the laundromat with a bag of clothes. I think she's trying to send you a message but you aren't getting the hint. She has a new life here at UI and has moved on. Things may get better in the future when you're in college, etc. but right now her life has advanced and changed dramatically. Life does that constantly so you better get used to it.

You ought to stop calling her so she won't have to up the abuse she's giving you to try to get her message to you. Take the hint and go find another lady to pursue. Remember, anytime any human being is nasty and rude to you, male or female, be strong enough to get them out of your life. Women will have ZERO respect for you if you take their crap. That's just the way it is. Didn't anybody ever tell you this stuff.

By the way, was there something you wanted me to do for you while I was here?

Just kidding you about being at the campus. I'm not really there...but my heart is. And my advice to you is a straight as it gets.

High school relationships are a lot different than out-of-high school relationships. It's very rare that a high school romance lasts past high school. That's just one of life's things that you have to accept. Things change, people change, feelings change. That's inevitable. She has gone off to college, met new people, and is experiencing new things. You are a part of her high school past and now that she is moving on with bigger and better things, her feelings for you might have changed. And if that is the case, there is really nothing you can do about it except deal with it and let it be.

If I were you, I would just sit down and talk to her and find out exactly how she feels. She may be having those kinds of feelings, but is hesitant to tell you because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings. But you need to tell her that you want to know exactly how she feels.

College life is a LOT different than high school. And it is a big transition. Things that you thought were so cool in high school all of a sudden become boring and you find other interests. That's just part of life. Sorry, hun.

I think all he is trying to say is that COMMUNICATION really does work!

AMEN!

~PurpleAngel~

:bunny: