People that become SO fixated on finding someone....

irc333

...that they typically cut their nose to spite their face.

Not sure if I can give a good example, or paint a good picture of this, but I get the feeling, of the social events I've been going to as of late, that people will ONLY attend social events for the MAIN intent of finding someone to date, and not really enjoy the fellowship or just the enjoyment of socializing in general, no matter WHAT the person looks like and so on. Even if it's an event that requires some activity like biking, hiking, playing board games, etc.

Some tend to bail from parties early because there wasn't anyone they were attracted to, and decided NOT to make the best of it, and just leave.

That's fine I suppose, but LATELY I'm starting to see MORE of this.

There are those people (women mostly) that just assume that if you're talking to them at a house party, that you're interested in them, and not just really enjoying hte conversation of getting ot know someone, regardless of gender, looks, etc.

I really shouldn't think that shouldn't even come to mind...but there's a lot of people that are looking for their "one" at events, it's really obsessive on their part.

These are the same people, of course, that loose touch with ALL of their friends when they DO find someone to date, then after a month or 2 fling, they're back giving their freinds a call to go do something.

It's borderline betrayal in a sense I suppose.

This really will just affect them when it comes to dating, because since they're so fixated on finding someone, even when they do find someone (and it's usually a short term fling), it typically doesn't work out. They're also serial daters as well.

Is anyone have been witness to such people?

wow good point. I actually left a thing the other week because I was annoyed all the girls left the table and I was sitting with a bunch of guys. Part of my mindset was, well there's no chicks here and I now have no shot of liking someone. May as well leave.

What a ****ty ****ing attitude.

The other reason is I think it's ****ing ****ty and rude to collectively get up from a table and leave to talk to other people. **** that. I'm polite and sit and talk to people. I expect the same from others. Not to be ****ing space head party animals who need to go check out that flashy light across the bar.

I digress....

I am a firm believer in that a lot of dating or finding someone is that you have to be in the right place at the right time. Therefore, accepting any invite to social events is pretty much my motto. However, I am not the type of person to bail. I just figure - Heck maybe I'll meet someone because I know damn well women do not fall from the sky directly into my apartment.

I've seen women who will ignore their kids to go to clubs and bars to try and meet men, who put up with men who are bad for their kids just to have a man. I have seen women who will pursue women who are mean or stupid just because she's pretty and has status.

I think that there are people out there who'v boughten into this idea that's been passed out to us that if we aren't part of a couple, we must be broken in some way.