LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Kiss a girl on the cheek - What does it mean (to her)?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2010, 5:02 PM   #1
Established Member

Kiss a girl on the cheek - What does it mean (to her)?

Ok, I've been friends with this girl for like a year. I have a crush on her and I think she may like me. (I posted another topic about her)

We went to the fair Saturday night and both of us had a lot of fun. Went on rides, shared funnel cake, saw a concert, blah blah. Anyway, she drove me home and when we were hugging, like we normally do, I kissed her on the cheek. She looked normally surprised and she was like feeling her cheek but we didn't say anything abou tit.

We hung out again yesterday (went to see a play and then I went to go help her with her homework at her house) and neither of us brought it up.

We hug like every single time we're done hanging out but this was the first time I kissed.
Kain Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 5:06 PM   #2
Established Member

Looks like she is interested in you, she didn't run away or smack you in the face

How old are you?

If you like her as much as it sounds go for the lips next time. And if its you're first time, just go slow and steady. It will be awesome!
Old 20th September 2010, 5:09 PM   #3
Established Member

If a guy kisses a girl on the cheek,

(1) he's not romantically interested in her, OR
(2) he doesn't have the balls to kiss her on the lips.
Old 20th September 2010, 5:31 PM   #4
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchedByViolet View Post
Looks like she is interested in you, she didn't run away or smack you in the face

How old are you?

If you like her as much as it sounds go for the lips next time. And if its you're first time, just go slow and steady. It will be awesome!
20 (College is different than high school lol. Had no problems then but now I can barely do anything >_>)
Old 20th September 2010, 5:32 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCHokie View Post

Would have done something else but my plans basically went badly

Wanted to make a move, like holding hands at the fair but there were just too many people and we were barely able to keep from getting separated

Since that didn't work, as cliche and corny as it is, I wanted to try the ferris wheel but there was a couple right across from us

Wanted to go for a better kind of kiss but our phones (Both) started ringing right when I started hugging so I had to improvise lol
Old 20th September 2010, 5:45 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain Highwind View Post
Would have done something else but my plans basically went badly

Wanted to make a move, like holding hands at the fair but there were just too many people and we were barely able to keep from getting separated

Since that didn't work, as cliche and corny as it is, I wanted to try the ferris wheel but there was a couple right across from us

Wanted to go for a better kind of kiss but our phones (Both) started ringing right when I started hugging so I had to improvise lol
Here's a general word of advice: plans always go to sh*t...so you have to be ready to make changes and improvise...and experience will help you with that...

And it seems like you were trying to create the "perfect" first kiss...I know you have great intentions and want to make it a memorable one, but keep in mind that to her, it will be the perfect first kiss because it was with you...and she'll always remember it, no matter how lame or awesome the setting was...

But that's assuming that she likes you...heheh...
USMCHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 6:13 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCHokie View Post

OR
(3) he dosen't know her yet and wants to indicate his interest in being more than friends.

Mind - (3) does not apply here...
Old 20th September 2010, 7:33 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside_runner View Post
OR
(3) he dosen't know her yet and wants to indicate his interest in being more than friends.

Mind - (3) does not apply here...
Huh? Nearly all of my guy friends greet me with a kiss on the cheek. And most of my girl friends greet me the same way or atleast with a hug.
so (4) To greet a friend.

Since you don't usually kiss her on the cheek, she probably takes it as a sign that you're interested in her. Time to take it a step further.
loverofloveandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 9:10 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverofloveandstuff View Post
Huh? Nearly all of my guy friends greet me with a kiss on the cheek. And most of my girl friends greet me the same way or atleast with a hug.
so (4) To greet a friend.

Since you don't usually kiss her on the cheek, she probably takes it as a sign that you're interested in her. Time to take it a step further.
I was referring to a situation where two people just met and both were aware of the fact that it was a date...
Lakeside_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 9:24 PM   #10
Established Member

What would it mean if a guy kissed me on the cheek? I guess it would depend on the context. If it was my birthday and he was a friend, he'd be demonstrating affection for a friend. If we'd been on a date and he'd been friendly but a bit distant, I'd think it meant that he liked me but as a friend, no more.

If he'd been hanging out with me all day and clearly enjoying himself and it was a spontaneous gesture, I would think it was affectionate and that he wanted to be close (esp. if he'd been hugging too). A guy who wants to be just a friend is unlikely to feel drawn to do that or to spend that amount of time with me. That's my feeling anyway. I think the fact that she looked at you and obviously thought about what you'd done meant she'd noticed that this was maybe a little more than affection. If she continues to hang out with you and relaxes and is happy, then I think it would be a fair bet that she's growing more attached to you too and that this could be a developing romance. Good luck!
spiderowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 9:28 PM   #11
Established Member

brothers and sisters kiss on the cheek

- Tony Montana (Scarface)
alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 9:56 PM   #12
Established Member

OK. I am officially sick of guys here who are like "KISS HER".

Yes - it is a good idea if you know here somehow, she's your friend and you want something more. It is a good idea if you meet a girl with the intention of dating her, go on a date (both of you are aware that it's a date).

No - it is not a good idea to kiss her on the lips if you just met her and talked to her for an hour. I know that this is a ridiculous scenario but some of you guys just sounds like that. Whatever you do - "Go, kiss her! Chicks dig it when blokes kiss them!" That just borders on assault. Seriously? Anybody done that? I don't think so...

That been said: If you want her to think that you are romantically interested in her and want her to be sure of your intentions - go for a real kiss on the lips. What's the worst thing that can happen? Well, the world is not gonna end if it doesn't go well. You could win a lot. There is however always the possibility that she's not seeing you as a potential boyfriend and this could make the friendship awkward...
Lakeside_runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 8:12 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
brothers and sisters kiss on the cheek
True, but I've hung out with her a ton of times and this is the first time I've kissed her at all
Old 21st September 2010, 8:28 AM   #14
Established Member

Another safer place to kiss a girl is on her forehead.
GooseChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2010, 2:09 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsky View Post
you can do it
Even if I could have done a better kiss, this is still a kiss regardless, right?

Its better than not kissing at all, right?