The difference between a true connection and physical attraction

CLC2008

Sometimes it's very easy to confuse a real connection from physical attraction. So I am curious to everyone's views on this.

How do you differentiate the two?

I.E. How do you know when you and another person are physically touching each other, that the connection goes beyond that?

welikeincrowds

What do you mean by "real connection" and what do you mean by "physical attraction"?

I'm guessing that with both terms you are referring to the same feeling. If you feel the same about her/him 3 days later, then you're good to go.

• Author

It's not what I think, I am the one raising the question....:lmao:

So, how are the two different, in this case - for you?

Edit to add, there is no right or wrong answer.

If I can hang out with a woman for an extended period of time/regular basis without only wanting to have sex with her it is a connection. Put another way, do I want to spend time with the person if sex is not involved?

florence of suburbia

In general, I don't feel attraction toward someone I don't have a real connection with. Although I have gotten involved that way once or twice when I was younger, it just felt like a way to pass the time I didn't truly enjoy it.

To me with just a physical connection all you can think about is what that person looks like naked;)

A true connection is when not only you think about what they look like naked, but you also enjoy talking to the person, you enjoy their company and just being with them.

florence of suburbia
To me with just a physical connection all you can think about is what that person looks like naked;)

A true connection is when not only you think about what they look like naked, but you also enjoy talking to the person, you enjoy their company and just being with them.

The funny thing is, there so many more people in the world I'd enjoy talking to than those I'd want to see naked. So it is easier for me to form an emotional connection than a physical one, not the other way around.

The funny thing is, there so many more people in the world I'd enjoy talking to than those I'd want to see naked. So it is easier for me to form an emotional connection than a physical one, not the other way around.

you see people for who they are on the inside rather than the outside.

This calls for a celebration.:cool:

• Author

Wait. Are you talking about the "those I'd want to see naked" thread you created last week?

:p

Completely kidding. :laugh:

florence of suburbia
you see people for who they are on the inside rather than the outside.

This calls for a celebration.:cool:

Hahahahahaahahaha.

florence of suburbia
Wait. Are you talking about the "those I'd want to see naked" thread you created last week?

:p

Completely kidding. :laugh:

There are some people it's easier to have sex with when they keep their clothes on. I don't know what you call that kind of a connection.

• Author
There are some people it's easier to have sex with when they keep their clothes on. I don't know what you call that kind of a connection.

Telepathic sex?

Okay.

I'll give an example.

You're next to someone physically attractive and you touch each other (and it can be something as simplistic as touching their hand or their hand touching you).

It's not necessarily a sexual attraction you feel, but something a bit more beneath the surface.

If I can hang out with a woman for an extended period of time/regular basis without only wanting to have sex with her it is a connection. Put another way, do I want to spend time with the person if sex is not involved?

That's about right.

However, just because I can spend time with her without sex doesn't mean I want to, :)

Hmm... I guess I would say:

Physical attraction= makes my *cookie* stand up thinking about her body..plain and simple.

Emotional attraction= definitely much more mental stimulation, emotional feel-good, visualizing my future with her, etc.

Hmm... I guess I would say:

Physical attraction= makes my *cookie* stand up thinking about her body..plain and simple.

Emotional attraction= definitely much more mental stimulation, emotional feel-good, visualizing my future with her, etc.

Very interesting comments and makes sense to me.

I can see how a good emotional connection would be the ideal starting point.

Does the order it happens matter? Is it bad to have too much physical attraction and would that get in the way of forming a good emotional connection?

Very interesting comments and makes sense to me.

I can see how a good emotional connection would be the ideal starting point.

Does the order it happens matter? Is it bad to have too much physical attraction and would that get in the way of forming a good emotional connection?

Well, for me.. The first one pulls me in. The latter, keeps me there. If I'm not physically attracted to her, the emotional connection won't be enough.

I also think too much physical attraction can blind the need for an emotional connection if not treated with caution. I'm sure none of us want to be simply viewed as a pretty/handsome person and nothing more.

Because a relationship formed just off that will only hold as long as physical attraction holds..which changes if one of the two starts to get slightly out of shape. However, those emotional bonds? Those are a bit harder to break.

For me, I find myself first physically attracted to a person but I will not act on anything until I can identify some kind of deeper connection as well. This means getting to know the person and gauging how I feel when I am spending time with them. If I don't feel a connection, I move on, end of story. Hence, I have never ever had a one-night stand and I never will...I just don't feel like physically engaging with anyone until I am emotionally/mentally attracted to them. It wouldn't be pleasurable for me otherwise.

I am not sure that answered the question exactly but that is how I feel about it!:)

For me, I find myself first physically attracted to a person but I will not act on anything until I can identify some kind of deeper connection as well. This means getting to know the person and gauging how I feel when I am spending time with them. If I don't feel a connection, I move on, end of story. Hence, I have never ever had a one-night stand and I never will...I just don't feel like physically engaging with anyone until I am emotionally/mentally attracted to them. It wouldn't be pleasurable for me otherwise.

I am not sure that answered the question exactly but that is how I feel about it!:)

I don't mean to sound weird or anything, confused 192, but you are really, really pretty.:love:

So what is the difference between lust and love? Easy.

I simply ask myself if I would still wanna be with a person even if she could not have sex for the rest of her life and half her face were charred. If the answer is yes, then thats how I know Im in love with her not in lust.