LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

The difference between a true connection and physical attraction

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th September 2010, 4:10 PM   #1
Established Member

The difference between a true connection and physical attraction

Sometimes it's very easy to confuse a real connection from physical attraction. So I am curious to everyone's views on this.

How do you differentiate the two?

I.E. How do you know when you and another person are physically touching each other, that the connection goes beyond that?
CLC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 4:18 PM   #2

What do you mean by "real connection" and what do you mean by "physical attraction"?

I'm guessing that with both terms you are referring to the same feeling. If you feel the same about her/him 3 days later, then you're good to go.
welikeincrowds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 4:22 PM   #3
Established Member

It's not what I think, I am the one raising the question....

So, how are the two different, in this case - for you?

Edit to add, there is no right or wrong answer.
Old 19th September 2010, 4:33 PM   #4
Established Member

If I can hang out with a woman for an extended period of time/regular basis without only wanting to have sex with her it is a connection. Put another way, do I want to spend time with the person if sex is not involved?
Sanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 4:34 PM   #5
Established Member

In general, I don't feel attraction toward someone I don't have a real connection with. Although I have gotten involved that way once or twice when I was younger, it just felt like a way to pass the time I didn't truly enjoy it.
florence of suburbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 4:37 PM   #6

Journal Entries: 1
To me with just a physical connection all you can think about is what that person looks like naked

A true connection is when not only you think about what they look like naked, but you also enjoy talking to the person, you enjoy their company and just being with them.
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 4:40 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
To me with just a physical connection all you can think about is what that person looks like naked

A true connection is when not only you think about what they look like naked, but you also enjoy talking to the person, you enjoy their company and just being with them.
The funny thing is, there so many more people in the world I'd enjoy talking to than those I'd want to see naked. So it is easier for me to form an emotional connection than a physical one, not the other way around.
Old 19th September 2010, 4:51 PM   #8

Journal Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by florence of suburbia View Post
The funny thing is, there so many more people in the world I'd enjoy talking to than those I'd want to see naked. So it is easier for me to form an emotional connection than a physical one, not the other way around.
you see people for who they are on the inside rather than the outside.

This calls for a celebration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8
Pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2010, 4:57 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Wait. Are you talking about the "those I'd want to see naked" thread you created last week?

Completely kidding.
Old 19th September 2010, 5:08 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
you see people for who they are on the inside rather than the outside.

This calls for a celebration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8
Hahahahahaahahaha.
Old 19th September 2010, 5:09 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLC2008 View Post
Wait. Are you talking about the "those I'd want to see naked" thread you created last week?

Completely kidding.
There are some people it's easier to have sex with when they keep their clothes on. I don't know what you call that kind of a connection.
Old 19th September 2010, 5:16 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
There are some people it's easier to have sex with when they keep their clothes on. I don't know what you call that kind of a connection.
Telepathic sex?

Okay.

I'll give an example.

You're next to someone physically attractive and you touch each other (and it can be something as simplistic as touching their hand or their hand touching you).

It's not necessarily a sexual attraction you feel, but something a bit more beneath the surface.
Old 20th September 2010, 9:57 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman View Post
If I can hang out with a woman for an extended period of time/regular basis without only wanting to have sex with her it is a connection. Put another way, do I want to spend time with the person if sex is not involved?
That's about right.

However, just because I can spend time with her without sex doesn't mean I want to,
phineas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 3:36 PM   #14

Hmm... I guess I would say:

Physical attraction= makes my *cookie* stand up thinking about her body..plain and simple.

Emotional attraction= definitely much more mental stimulation, emotional feel-good, visualizing my future with her, etc.
MrNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2010, 3:38 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNate View Post
Hmm... I guess I would say:

Physical attraction= makes my *cookie* stand up thinking about her body..plain and simple.

Emotional attraction= definitely much more mental stimulation, emotional feel-good, visualizing my future with her, etc.
Very interesting comments and makes sense to me.

I can see how a good emotional connection would be the ideal starting point.

Does the order it happens matter? Is it bad to have too much physical attraction and would that get in the way of forming a good emotional connection?
Girlygirl1977 is offline   Reply With Quote