Didn't my txt deserve an answer ??

amythan

We are having this 'casual' relationship for months now. I know this can never be a real relationship and maybe i would be happier if it finishes.

It is a long distance thing so we set up our 'dates' where we can. And we do fairly often. I saw him last week and i was a bit confused. I said something like out of sight,out of mind and he said this is so not true. Then he says you know i miss you, right ? and right after but we should not miss each other that much. Well, i know this is not a relationship so i NEVER talk about feelings - which i have, to be honest. We have a blast together and he was all sweet asking me to stay five minutes more with him, even if we were running really late ! It was just more real.

Anyway i am going to Rome next weekend and i asked him to come. He wants to but not sure if he can. He was supposed to come back to me. I sent him a msg yesterday asking about that - not pressuring him just jokily asking. He didn't reply. I mean, if he does not want / cannot fair enough. He owes me nothing. But i have friends there, i have to make plans so i guess that i deserve an answer.

Maybe he thinks i am to involved here or that this is going fast or we are going to get hurt .. I do not know and seriously it is not the problem. It happened to me in the past people just going silent ... Maybe i am overreacting :o or maybe this is becoming to difficult to handle.

Thanks for your comments !

YOU are more into the "relationship" than him. Texting "out of sight, out of mind" signals you want more from him and you are beginning to "cling". It seems he feels you are putting him in a defensive mode-having to explain himself. You should stop sending him texts, if he wants to go with you to Rome he will let you know, why wouldn't he?

If you want a response, then call him. If it's important enough to require a response, then text is NOT the way to go...

• Author

You are right i am maybe more into this relationship than him but i haven't text this !! We were joking in the street and i cannot even remember how it comes into the conversation, we were not even talking about us.

I do not know how he could think he has to give me explanations because i never ask for them. Actually i never call him and barely text him. I have feelings for him but honestly i am far from being clingy, actually i am really cool about all this.

Simply now i have to know - it was ONE text - because i also have a life.

Edited by amythan

Simply now i have to know - it was ONE text - because i also have a life.

He said he doesn't think he can go...he will let you know otherwise. Your invite was sent, it's up to him to let him you know if things have changed at his end so that he can go.

You are right, you also have a life..then live it, don't get worked up by this non-relationship relationship.

Have fun in Rome!