Attracting a man

GooseChaser

How does a woman go about attracting a man, and behaving more as a romantic interest and "girlfriend material" than a friend? Please help! I have a bad habit of treating men in too friendly of a manner and need to get better at being romantic. Thank you in advance for your time! :)

How does a woman go about attracting a man, and behaving more as a romantic interest and "girlfriend material" than a friend? Please help! I have a bad habit of treating men in too friendly of a manner and need to get better at being romantic. Thank you in advance for your time! :)

Dress more femininely, behave like a real woman, and don't kid guys, make jokes all the time, or drink pints of lager...

Honestly, how would we know what you're doing wrong, hun?

Why do you set up such a strong "keep away" defence mechanism, when what you actually want to say is "come here"....?

Where did this all start, and why?

All brothers, no sisters?

peer pressure?

bad role model in your mum?

What do you think?

How does a woman attract a man?

Well I can only speak to me. So what do I like?

I like it when she flirts, it can be as light or as heavy as she wants it and isn't afraid to touch me. I can't tell you what magic a womans touch has on my body, particularly when she runs her hand through my hair or on my neck/shoulder area, it turns me on to no end.

I also love it when a woman isn't afraid to playfully mock me and exchange in banter, especially if it is witty, there's something sexy about a woman with wit. Unfortunately, I've only met one girl who did this well and truly attracted me, but things went belly up shortly after we had sex, still it was the best sex I've ever had and probably will have.

• Author
Dress more femininely, behave like a real woman, and don't kid guys, make jokes all the time, or drink pints of lager...

Honestly, how would we know what you're doing wrong, hun?

Why do you set up such a strong "keep away" defence mechanism, when what you actually want to say is "come here"....?

Where did this all start, and why?

All brothers, no sisters?

peer pressure?

bad role model in your mum?

What do you think?

Behave and dress femininely; good idea. And behave like a woman! Great idea.

So you need to be open and welcoming, like what you said with the "come here" message. That's a good point.

I have one little brother and no sisters. My mom is fine, though she isn't really what you would call super-sexy, aha, so she isn't really a model for me in that regard... she knows I love her, though. =] My parents are just asexual in general, except they kiss occasionally. Maybe it's their age.

Part of it is that I am inexperienced with men and am not very knowledgable yet about what kind of behavior, dress, and stuff attracts them. I haven't dated much, at least not official ones, and I have never been in a relationship before.

Part of it is that I am inexperienced with men and am not very knowledgable yet about what kind of behavior, dress, and stuff attracts them. I haven't dated much, at least not official ones, and I have never been in a relationship before.

behavior? availability/sexuality

dress? show ur curves

bingo bango presto

• Author
How does a woman attract a man?

Well I can only speak to me. So what do I like?

I like it when she flirts, it can be as light or as heavy as she wants it and isn't afraid to touch me. I can't tell you what magic a womans touch has on my body, particularly when she runs her hand through my hair or on my neck/shoulder area, it turns me on to no end.

I also love it when a woman isn't afraid to playfully mock me and exchange in banter, especially if it is witty, there's something sexy about a woman with wit. Unfortunately, I've only met one girl who did this well and truly attracted me, but things went belly up shortly after we had sex, still it was the best sex I've ever had and probably will have.

I think you have a great point about the power of touch. I'll keep that in mind. :o Having fun in conversation is also a good idea. :) Thank you for the tips!

• Author
behavior? availability/sexuality

dress? show ur curves

bingo bango presto

Thanks, those are good ideas too! :) They seem like important things to remember. I'll keep them in mind!

Let's start at the beginning.

Don't ever, ever, ever use the word "friend" when refering to them.

Seriously.

It is a MAJOR turn-off to me & makes it very easy for me to be just friends. Friends that can help me decorate my house for when I bring other women over for dates & friends that can help me dress better for other women that want to date me.

I don't care how hot you are. You toss out the friend card & it's up to you to take it back & make it clear to me you are interested.

Touching works.

Or just asking them to do something alone where you can inch yourself closer & closer & hope he figures it out & makes a move.

• Author
Let's start at the beginning.

Don't ever, ever, ever use the word "friend" when refering to them.

Seriously.

It is a MAJOR turn-off to me & makes it very easy for me to be just friends. Friends that can help me decorate my house for when I bring other women over for dates & friends that can help me dress better for other women that want to date me.

I don't care how hot you are. You toss out the friend card & it's up to you to take it back & make it clear to me you are interested.

Touching works.

Or just asking them to do something alone where you can inch yourself closer & closer & hope he figures it out & makes a move.

Where are good places to touch, in public? Ones that they like but aren't too private of areas? ;)

Smile, make a lot of eye contact, get a little bit closer. Ask a lot of questions about the guy. Be interested in him. Give him a compliment or two (not too many) Drop hints about things you would like to do together, like “I really like doing X. if only I had someone to do it with. . . . .”

Scott

• Author
Smile, make a lot of eye contact, get a little bit closer. Ask a lot of questions about the guy. Be interested in him. Give him a compliment or two (not too many) Drop hints about things you would like to do together, like “I really like doing X. if only I had someone to do it with. . . . .”

Scott

Right, those are great ideas too! This is really helping, guys! Thanks so much!

step 1: get hot

step 2: mouth the words "i wanna fig newton"

bingo bango presto

I have no reason to believe, based on my life experiences thus far, that this advice wouldn't work in most situations.

:D

• Author
I have no reason to believe, based on my life experiences thus far, that this advice wouldn't work in most situations.

:D

I don't get it, but if it works.... :lmao:

I don't get it, but if it works.... :lmao:

stand in front of a mirror and practice ur "i wanna fig newton" eyes/gaze/sultrystare & then mouth the words "i wanna fig newton" w/o actually saying it. then u'll get it ^_^

• Author
stand in front of a mirror and practice ur "i wanna fig newton" eyes/gaze/sultrystare & then mouth the words "i wanna fig newton" w/o actually saying it. then u'll get it ^_^

Ohhh. Phallic symbol? Nice. :laugh:

• Author
lol, wut???

Never mind, I don't know anymore. I'm confused. :lmao: It's probably more about how you say it than what you're saying, then? That's interesting. :)

Never mind, I don't know anymore. I'm confused. :lmao: It's probably more about how you say it than what you're saying, then? That's interesting. :)
I think he's implying that "I want a fig newton" look like "I want to f--- you". I don't think it was a serious suggestion.
Untouchable_Fire

Seriously, just giving a guy attention will be enough to get him thinking of you. Unless he is really shy or is not attracted to you.

Once the guy decides he likes you, and it may take some time... he will make a move.

Where are good places to touch, in public? Ones that they like but aren't too private of areas? ;)

The arm works very well, and does not require you to put yourself out there much.

You have to be an object of desire. Someone he wants. Someone he feels lucky to have.

I think most men (and this is certainly true of me) when dating are 'auditioning' women. Looking for the best one they can get. If someone falls in our lap too easily we immediately start wondering, 'well who ELSE can I get that's better?'

Over my past relationships, if I felt that I had the upper hand (i.e. she was luckier to be with me than vice versa) then that woman would become a FWB or someone I saw casually. They weren't relationship material. When someone came along and I felt that I was the lucky one, I pursued her like mad.

Some of the things that made these women attractive to me aren't universal, not all men like these things. Others are things you can't change about yourself, for example they all had a keen, sarcastic sense of humour. Those tangible things that I'm drawn to.

However, there are some practical things these women did/do that I can pass on if it helps - caveat, these are things I like. They did things that were sexy, alluring, mysterious. Here are some things that women did that I really liked.

- leaving their underwear at home and telling me as we're walking out the door.

- wearing sexy clothes and telling me it was just for me.

- a sexy text/email. One women sent me a text at lunch saying, "I've been thinking about giving you a bj all morning, and I've been up since 5am. (gulp!)

- crazy flirting in public. (eye contact, kissing, hand brushing the inner thigh, a little dirty talk)

- mad skillz in the bedroom. So start working on those Kegels.

BUT... you can't appear to available. You need to have your own thing, be aloof or appear to have other things going on. As if you're saying, "I don't really need to be with you." You want to be a commodity, something he's after. You want him thinking about you and what you COULD be doing.

Think of it this way. When I didn't own a Xbox, I would go out of my way to play it. As soon as I bought one, and had 24 hour access to it, it just sat on my shelf, unused.

Be the unpurchased Xbox. ;)