Beyond Mortified! Responded to wrong text when talking to 2 guys..UGH

Kerri_29

I started the online dating thing about 2 weeks ago. I gave my number to 2 guys. I went out with one of them last night for drinks and had a good time. There seems to be mutual chemistry. So earlier tonight my date from last night was texting me just small talk.

Well the other guy I exchanged numbers with texted me asking me how much I weighed, (which I think is totally rude). He said that his type is "thin" My pictures speak for themselves and my profile says body shape is average. I'm 145 pounds. So I was insulted he asked so I texted back to him "you should probably stick with profiles of women that are "thin" if thats what your type is. Cause I'm not fat but I'm not thin either"

Its so ridiculous.. but like that wasn't bad enough, I sent it to the other guy on accident. I responded to an older text from guy 1, the one I went out with last night. I immediately followed saying how sorry I was and I did explain that I was talking to someone else and I replied to the wrong text. I couldn't fib my way out of that, as much as I wanted to. I only went out with him once and I'm not in a commited relationship but I don't want him to think I'm playing the field or anything. I'm totally looking to meet someone and settle down, not date several guys at once.

He told me it was no big deal and that I didn't need to explain myself. I was totally beyond mortified, not only cause he knows I was talking to another guy (was, not anymore) but the content of the text. I'm very self conscience about my weight, but I guess if he wasn't attracted to me, he wouldn't still be talking to me, I hope. I told him I was headed to bed and said good night. He responded back with good night and to text him tomorrow. I'm gonna wait to see if I hear back from him before I contact him again. Am I overreacting? I feel like I totally blew it.:o

If you guys are not exclusive he should assume that you are at least talking to other guys. I don't see what the big deal is. He might have 2 or 3 waiting in the wings.

no dont worry about it, yo only went on a date and its nothing exclusive, i wouldnt worry and if you dont make a big deal of it [not saying you did] then neither will he :) just go on with things as normal and dont be embaressed!

ps: im 145lb as well and i think being a size 6/8 does not make you fat! lol besides a lot of men like a little meat on a woman! its more fun! and being stick thin is not attractive nor is it womanly its childlike so be proud you have the body of a woman and show it off, love it and enjoy eating good food!

welikeincrowds

This did nothing at worst, helped you at best.

You can't tell, because you're self-conscious about your weight (especially when confronted about it as this douchebag did), but the text you wrote is actually quite witty and confident. Not only are you ostensibly beating men off with a stick (desirable), but you're also showing that you have standards of decency (good sense), and that you are willing to assert that (courage), in a sardonic manner (charisma), which is likely to make this guy feel great about himself, because it means that so far he's passed your **** tests, which you do take seriously -- and you're even sweet enough to be embarrassed about an honest mistake, immediately after revealing your aggressive side.

Not that you should be reading into it anywhere this far. It's just a text message, and it doesn't mean ****. But seriously? I'm taking notes.

This did nothing at worst, helped you at best.

You can't tell, because you're self-conscious about your weight (especially when confronted about it as this douchebag did), but the text you wrote is actually quite witty and confident. Not only are you ostensibly beating men off with a stick (desirable), but you're also showing that you have standards of decency (good sense), and that you are willing to assert that (courage), in a sardonic manner (charisma), which is likely to make this guy feel great about himself, because it means that so far he's passed your **** tests, which you do take seriously -- and you're even sweet enough to be embarrassed about an honest mistake, immediately after revealing your aggressive side.

Agreed. I think that was a good text, because you didn't let him beat you down.The guy you accidentally sent it to already has met you and knows how you look in person, and I don't see how what you wrote was bad at all. That was also nice that you explained. So I'm curious, did you end up sending that same text to the guy it was intended for?

• Author
Agreed. I think that was a good text, because you didn't let him beat you down.The guy you accidentally sent it to already has met you and knows how you look in person, and I don't see how what you wrote was bad at all. That was also nice that you explained. So I'm curious, did you end up sending that same text to the guy it was intended for?

I did send it to the guy it was meant for and decided not to speak with him anymore.

I would like to see where things go with the date I had on Friday..have to see if he asks to see me again

I texted back to him "you should probably stick with profiles of women that are "thin" if thats what your type is. Cause I'm not fat but I'm not thin either"

I sent it to the other guy on accident.

:lmao:

I think in this case you are okay.. but only because your text was blowing the jerk off rather than telling him how hot he was or how much fun you had on a date..

At this point.. ignore it and put your effort into the guy who has your attention...