Will she realize she made the wrong choice? First thread.

Caleb

So I'm going to try and make a very long history and story as short as possible.

Me and this girl went to high school together, we talked for two years, never dated because I was an *ss, didn't want to commit and had too many girls to care. She moved on when we went off to different colleges. It's two years later, and we started talking again. Now during those two years that we didn't speak, she ended up getting engaged and having a baby. Complicates things tremendously, I know.

Anyways, over this past summer is when we started talking again. Me and my ex had broke up and her and the fiance weren't doing well. So we started talking, saw that we still had these feelings for each other. She ended up breaking it off with the baby daddy because of child support issues. We've been getting along great over the summer, things were looking like there might be a possible future for us.

Well just last night she calls and says hey we need to have a serious talk. She ends up telling me that she talked to her baby daddy about some things and she realizes she's still in love with him. She says, and I quote, "I want you and wish that I loved you more, but I can't help the way my heart feels." It's like she knows I'm the better guy, but she's still so attached to making things work with him. I understand the baby brings in a while new issue. But I love the girl, we've had so much history and we've worked so hard over the summer to figure out things.

Why is this happening? And what do I do? I told her last night I couldn't be her friend right now because I love her way too just be a friend. I'm really at a loss of words, I haven't gotten much sleep last night, which is when this whole thing happened. Any help is much appreciated.

I hate to say it, but I thnk that she has realized that she made the wrong choice. To her, you were the wrong choice. Many people seem to feel like they aren't beautiful after having a baby, and with the problems with her fiancé, her low self-image was only exacerbated. You came along and she knew you liked her, so spending time with you made her feel beautiful again. I suspect that the whole "I wish I loved you more" speech was an attempt by her to lessen the blow; if she truly believed that you were the better man (for her), she'd be making things work with you, not him.

I think you just have to let this one go. Sorry.

Sadly, I agree with Johnny. :( She told you she didn't love you enough to stay with you, and therefore is back with the guy who has her heart.

You didn't do anything wrong, except perhaps, getting involved in the middle of all that drama.

I wouldn't put it past her, however, to bounce back to you next time they're having troubles. But, I will add, I'm also sure she'll end up with him again as well.

Sorry it didn't work out... :(

• Author

Thanks for the time to respond guys. It really does suck, I guess I just have to pick up the pieces and move on and hope that she realizes what she's doing. I guess that's just me being hopeful though.