Some kind of summer romance

Celestine

So, I guess it sounds a little like in some bad romantic movie. But this is what I experienced this summer. I have recently moved to Germany, to Stuttgart to be specific.

And this summer I went to Kiev for a week. I visited friends there and got to know this guy through them. He was really nice though we couldn't talk that much since his English was very limited. Anyway, he did really sweet stuff for me, he always took any heavy things I had with me, showed me his favourite places in the city, took care of me when I hurt myself and bought me medicine at the pharmacy, drove me home late at night with his car etc. Two days before I left when he took me home he just kissed me, smiled at me and said "Sorry, I just had to do it.". So we spent my last day there in a park, just walking around, kissing. The same night he had a party at his place and I stayed there overnight with a friend. We got really close, like he touched literally every part of my body but we had no sex because I told him that I didn't want to. In fact, he tried to convince me quite a few times but I stayed with the no. He told me how much he wanted me and apologized for it saying that he just happened to be very physically attracted to me. Then he said that he liked that I knew what I wanted and what not.

The next day I left for Germany, he took me to the airport. He asked a couple of times when we could meet again but I said that I didn't want to make any promises. So we had our kiss goodbye and I must say I really missed him a little.

Two weeks later, the big surprise followed. He called me and said he was in Munich visiting a friend and would like to come to visit me in Stuttgart for a day. I said ok. He came, we met, spent the day together, I again said no to sex with him and tried to explain that I just don't know him well-enough to give him that part of me. He told me how unfair he thought it was that we couldn't be together now because the distance. So we walked through the city, had dinner at a nice restaurant and at the end we said goodbye at the central station. It was really a wonderful day. This time the good-bye really got to me and I miss him a lot. I know that I doesn't make much sense to hold on to this romance because we never really had more than a couple of days together. But anytime we were together I felt good. He told me he would like to try to keep it up until he'll to come to study in Munich which will be one year from now. Though he indicated that he couldn't promise which I completely understand. So, we basically decided that we would keep in touch and just wait and see what happens.

Now I'm trying hard to find the balance of too much and not enough contact with him. The sentimental part of me says that I would just like to hang on to this feeling a little longer and the rational part says that I should move on or I will hurt me a lot more than it would now.

Thanks for taking your time to read the clichée stuff, I just had to get it off my chest. :)

Celestine