My best friend's sister...

NinjaOnX

Me and my best friend Dan have known each other for about 6 years now, and basically have been best friends ever since. The really tight kind of best friends, that always have each others' backs. The kind that get arrested together and are able to laugh it off later. The kind that lend money to each other fully well knowing we won't get paid back for a long time. He took me into his family's house when I was homeless, and I've stood up for him every chance I've gotten.

He also has a sister, Liz. Her and I have always been close, through association. I've always felt something toward her, but could never act on it, due to being afraid of losing my best friend. Through the years, the rest of his extremely religious family slowly started disliking me, and my careless, sometimes destructive behavior. Dan and I of course are still best friends, but I am never at his family's house anymore, which of course looked like the end of my short infactuation with Liz. However, one day, shortly after a particularly painful and messy relationship of mine had recently ended, Liz texted me out of nowhere, asking for her own relationship advice. She told me how a stranger she thought meant well was acting strangely towards her. Luckily, I was able to keep her from talking to this creep any longer. But of course I couldn't stop talking to her from there... After talking for days, dropping subtle hints of my interest for her, I finally worked up the courage to ask how she felt about me. To my surprise, she had felt the same, for years. I was so shocked, and I instantly asked her to be mine. We've been together for almost 2 weeks now, and everything is amazing... except the fact that my best friend, who has always been slightly over protective of his younger sister doesn't know about us, but DOES know about my unfortunate past love/sex life. I've always been the good looking guy that could get any girl, and he's always been the one to watch, and i believe to be slightly jealous. He knows of all my worst moments to past flings, he knows of all the times I've been broken down because of my sometimes poor judgment. My biggest fear is that he won't approve of our relationship and growing feelings for each other. Which is only slightly worse than my second biggest fear, that her parent's who of course (for the lack of a stronger word), hate me decide to disown or throw her out of the house, due to our relationship. I don't know what to do, about how or when I should tell Dan or her parents. But I do know I feel stronger for her each and every day, and no matter what anyone says or does, I am going to do my best to not let anything come between her and I.