Girls how long do you wait to give a guy you like a txt message back or phone call

justaquestion

HeldbyGravity

I call back when I’m ready, as in not nervous nor busy. I mean sometimes I let the phone ring a couple of times, but, well… I don’t play games.

That's just me though.

Enchanted Girl

The only times I delay texting him or calling him is when I feel that he needs and wants the space. It's not my job as his girlfriend to suffocate him. I want him to know that I respect his space.

So it really depends on the day and what I feel that he needs that day.

Serenitynow
The only times I delay texting him or calling him is when I feel that he needs and wants the space. It's not my job as his girlfriend to suffocate him. I want him to know that I respect his space.

So it really depends on the day and what I feel that he needs that day.

I think the OP is referring to calling a new guy back when communication just starts.

I could be wrong though, its happened once before :laugh:

No more than a few minutes to a few hours. Anything else is just rude since nobody's THAT busy.

Women who purposely wait to respond to correspondence make me :laugh:. Then they make me :sick:. Then I go :bunny::love: someone else.

• Author
justaquestion

so let say i text a girl she always text me back in about 30 seconds, longest i had to wait was 2 hrs. Is she interested?

so let say i text a girl she always text me back in about 30 seconds, longest i had to wait was 2 hrs. Is she interested?

Seriously...? :confused:

Have you taken her out on a date...? And please tell me that you don't actually sit and wait for her response texts... :rolleyes:

She could be in the gym, movie, etc. She could sill be interested just busy. Now if she makes you wait a whole 24 hours that's another story.

I wouldn't make a guy i like wait very long at all. I wouldn't want him to think im into playing games.

They usually take multiple days to get back to me, if ever. I wish more would get back to me within a day. Is that too much to ask for?

They usually take multiple days to get back to me, if ever. I wish more would get back to me within a day. Is that too much to ask for?

Multiple days?? I guess I'm going about this thing all wrong. heehee. No seriously that's just rude.

Multiple days?? I guess I'm going about this thing all wrong. heehee.

It's almost alaways a disaster who she takes multiple days. I answer nervously and the call never leads to a date. One called back over a week later and after talking for a few minutes said she would call me right back. I never heard from her again.

I feel they are just playing games. I can't stand it. :mad:

It's almost alaways a disaster who she takes multiple days. I answer nervously and the call never leads to a date. One called back over a week later and after talking for a few minutes said she would call me right back. I never heard from her again.

I feel they are just playing games. I can't stand it. :mad:

Unfortunately, these are not games...these are women who aren't interested...next please...:rolleyes:

homersheineken
Unfortunately, these are not games...these are women who aren't interested...next please...:rolleyes:

Definitely. When This happens to me, I ask them "Who is this?" and it really pisses them off that I haven't memorized their voice/number.

I'll text someone back within a reasonable amount of time. If I get a text during the day, while at work, I'll answer it when I get home after I've settled.

This whole discussion bums me out.

I'm a bad texter, but I say that upfront. If the text or call isn't pressing (immediate plans, an expected call, etc), I treat it the same way I treat all correspondence --- I return it in the times in my life I've set aside for returning texts, emails, and phone calls. I hate the whole slave-to-iPhone/Blackberry whatever culture (I'm 25, so I should like it, but it's never been my thing, and my travels around the world have only compounded it). So, I refuse to have text-conversations (you know, where you text back and forth, ignoring your life in the actual present where you are LIVE, for hours on end). But. . . people realize I don't text when in their physical presence either, and they have my full attention as well, so most people who actually know me accept this. Of course, I'm sure some dude thinks I'm playing crazy games when I wait to text him back or avoid his text-convo nonsense. Ah. . . c'est la vie.

brokendream

If I'm interested I'll text him back within about half an hour....or whenever I see the text if it's after that.

If my phone's within reach and I'm in a situation where I can answer without being rude, I'll answer right away. If not, I'll answer as soon as I'm able.

Why would they call back at all then? It's not easy to just say "next" when it will likely be months before another woman shows even this much interest in me.

Would you send it back right a way or make him sweat a day?

I would respond whenever I saw it and was available to respond. If I didn't like him I would probably read it or listen to the vmail, then forget about it.