He texts me a lot

I've been "talking" to this guy lately I "met" thru POF. We haven't yet met irl and, while I gave him my number, we haven't been able to talk on the phone successfully b/c he is on a camping trip this weekend and when he tried calling he kept cutting out. So it didn't work out. I know that I'm just not going to know if we click at all until we meet, but will know more if we will once we are able to have a real phone conversation. But what is his deal? What does he want? Why all the texting? I don't mind it at all and I actually find it nice to hear from him. I'm interested in this guy so far - he's sweet, mature, good looking, etc. Just will have to see if we click...

I've been "talking" to this guy lately I "met" thru POF. We haven't yet met irl and, while I gave him my number, we haven't been able to talk on the phone successfully b/c he is on a camping trip this weekend and when he tried calling he kept cutting out. So it didn't work out. I know that I'm just not going to know if we click at all until we meet, but will know more if we will once we are able to have a real phone conversation. But what is his deal? What does he want? Why all the texting? I don't mind it at all and I actually find it nice to hear from him. I'm interested in this guy so far - he's sweet, mature, good looking, etc. Just will have to see if we click...

Probably because he's really interested in you also. Plus the fact you said he has trouble calling, so texting is the next best option if you guys want to continue talking.

Cracker Jack

Well, since you're interested in him, this is nothing more than a good thing.

I believe it'll get better once you guys begin to talk directly.

Serenitynow
But what is his deal? What does he want? Why all the texting? I don't mind it at all

Could that sentence be anymore contradictory ?

I think lots of texting before you meet is bad. It creates a false connection between the two people. The mind can build up a perception of how the person will be by the way you take the context of the texts. The same as using Instant messaging online. But then once you meet in person there are a multitude of in person things that knock your false image to the ground ie hygiene, idiosyncrasies, body language, attitude, etc etc

But that's just my opinion, and there's always exceptions to everything

• Author

See that's the thing. I don't know about texting too much before we meet or at least talk on the phone b/c who knows if we'll really click. Plus the last man I dated texted a lot, but ended up being a player so I guess maybe it gave me a bad taste for it...? Anyway, I'm hoping we can talk on the phone today.

You're making a mountain out of a molehill. He likes you.

DanielMadr

Oh, my. I try to translate your question:"What a fakk is wrong with him?"

Well, couple of things.

He haven't realized yet that by texting like crazy he appears desperate and not experienced with women. If he was experienced he would know that.

At least he should know to pretend like he is busy or something and has better things to do than obsessing about some strange girl (who gets suspicious about his maturity after 100th text message).

Hey maybe you are really the perfect one for him and he just knows it, thats why he is so excited.

Please do me a favor, when you finally dump him, tell him that he was "sweet and everything but.....", it could help him to grow up and realize that being associated with "sweet" is not good. And that being mature is not about not ****ing cheerleaders but it also means to kill that little boy inside who wants to be loved for no reason.

DanielMadr
Why do some people have to be haters?

That's me I guess.

I meant every word. No hate towards her or him. I feel a little bit ashamed of myself though to be a c0cck blocker here but hey, maybe I can save thousands others....because he is not getting any, anyway - She wouldn't be curious or have time for posting here...she would be shaving her legs for him ;)

Why do some people have to be haters?

Ignore the "advice" of the haters. You will know much more on your date what he's really like.

DanielMadr
Ignore the "advice" of the haters. You will know much more on your date what he's really like.

Why the plural? I'm the only one here!

Guys, you know I'm right.

"He who texts a lot shall be avoided" Ezekhiel 22:17

He won't make it through initial pre-date screening process. One date most. Wanna bet?

Confusedalways

Yikes, texting a lot before talking on the phone is definitely a bit desp. If you don't mind, all the more power to you!!

Yikes, texting a lot before talking on the phone is definitely a bit desp. If you don't mind, all the more power to you!!

The phone kept cutting out so it was impossible to talk. It's no big deal.

Why the plural? I'm the only one here!

Guys, you know I'm right.

"He who texts a lot shall be avoided" Ezekhiel 22:17

He won't make it through initial pre-date screening process. One date most. Wanna bet?

Whatever. He will if they "click". He won't if they don't.

DanielMadr
Whatever. He will if they "click". He won't if they don't.

I'm telling you he blew it. He needs some ninja skills to repair the damage.

...plenty of fish.... she has like 100 guys on a hook.

• Author

Ok, now I AM getting a little irritated b/c he still hasn't called! He texted me a couple times this evening and when I responded with short answers asked if I was ok. I said I was just a little tired, but wanted to say, "why don't you just call me already!" What do I do??

• Author

Well, I sent him a message giving him my home phone # since I have a weak cell signal @ home. I'm sure he'll get the hint.

123BeachFan

You won't know you really connect with him until you meet him in person. Until then, don't get too preoccupied with him, or you'll surely get your hopes up too high.

Ask for a First Meeting. THEN, if that goes well, get excited about the frequent texts!

• Author

Well, I'm hoping that now that I gave him a hint he will call this evening. Should I mention meeting if he doesn't? Something like, "It would be great to meet you," if talking on the phone goes well?

Ok, now I AM getting a little irritated b/c he still hasn't called! He texted me a couple times this evening and when I responded with short answers asked if I was ok. I said I was just a little tired, but wanted to say, "why don't you just call me already!" What do I do??

Tell him "I look forward to talking to you" or "I look forward to your call". Men often don't pick up hints like women do. He may interpret short responses as non interest and you run the risk of him moving on.

And I honestly think this guy just doesn't have a clue...lol.

You can mention meeting in addition to him calling. This guy might be weak at reading signals. Guys have trouble with this. No more short texts. They scream "leave me alone" to some men. Be obvious in your intentions. If he still doesn't call within a few days, he's not interested.

• Author

I sent him my home number & told him I would be home about 6. He said he would call me @ 6. :)