Boyfriend leaving in my time of need

rawkwell

Hi. I'm very upset by a number of things and really just need to vent, I don't even know if I need any response, I just need to get this all down.

I've been dating a guy for 5 months. He's very loving and very sweet for the whole.

He hasn't been working for much of the time we were dating due to a layoff. He was working on renovating his house which kept him busy and in the area. I've been working the whole time.

After he finished renovating the house, he decided that while he's not working, he'd travel. He went to India to visit relatives for two weeks and returned a week ago. The whole time he was gone, he knew that I was waiting for word on whether or not my job was going to dissolve. I've been on a serious roller coaster with my job. He returned from India 5 days ago and I found out I'm losing my job two days ago. He's been very sweet about my distress and emotional mess about it.

He told me last night, however, right after consoling me about it, that he's planning to go to Hawaii on Tuesday to volunteer at some hippie camp for a month. His excuse is that he can live there for free for a month and not have to find a job in the meantime.

I'm an emotional mess and took it really hard.

I know it's just a month, but the timing really really sucks. He's been so wonderful since I lost my job, and it's been really helpful.

No, I can't go with him, since I still have to work my job until the middle of the month.

I guess my problem is that he's very self-involved and sees that I'm upset, but still just wants to do his thing, and really, what kind of life is that?

And yes, it's just a month, I know that, but this is going to be a tough month.

Don't know what your ages are, but it sounds to me like he's a little lost in his life and is using the layoff to his advantage to feel some things out. It is possible you are not the highest priority for him and I would strongly caution you to concentrate on solidifying your own life in case he's not in it much longer.

RedRussian

Since you are gonna get fired anyway, quit the job and go have fun with your supportive and loving man for a month for some hippie free love in the woods.

LittleMissWonder

It's only a month. You guys haven't been together for super long or something. Let him live his own life a little. If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.

1. I've been dating a guy for 5 months. He's very loving and very sweet for the whole.

2. He hasn't been working for much of the time we were dating due to a layoff. He was working on renovating his house which kept him busy and in the area. I've been working the whole time.

1. First off, I don't think you know what the word sweet means. If this guy is sweet, then then the word must have been reinvented and I wasn't informed.

2. I once read an article from a pickup artist who said the best thing a man can do for himself getting women is to own a house. Because it gives the girl stability, shows you're responsible? Heck no (like that works), because you can blow her off all the time (creating attraction/mystery) and use the house as an excuse.

This is a classic case of a woman being treated as a non priority, yet her attraction level for the guy remains the same. This is one the my biggest beef's with dating.