Fancy a colleague but hate my job

Probably one of a thousand people with a similar problem here!

To be fair, there are very few people who actually like their jobs, but mines becoming incredibly depressing now. Im in charge of the lettings department at a small estate agency, however my job title a year on from starting is still "trainee" and although I run the department, im still treated like a kid. we have two linked branches and 8 staff between them. Iv now got several interviews lined up with other agencies around the area as im just not getting a break where I am. With any luck, il get offered one of these jobs and be able to leave the mess behind, and actually be able to afford to live and treat people!

However, a girl who has started a lot more recently covers the other branch and is absolutely stunning. No-one else seems to have noticed this or seems to have noticed that I have. The branches work closely with each other and I have found myself working with her alone several times. Nothings happened, we're both professional, but I think we get on really well and its giving me a reason to go to work. I know I need to say something to her before I leave (which I will eventually come hell or high water) but whenever I have had the opportunity, for some reason my nerve completely fails me. I have been knocked back several times before and am not the most confident person in the world, but iv never found the words "do you fancy getting a drink after work" so difficult to say!

Need help!

ScaredHubby

I've used this response once already, but if you keep it in your mind it will always serve you well -

The biggest regrets in life are the risks we didn't take.

The worst thing you're likely to get out of asking her out for a drink is that she'll either say no - maybe because she just has plans in which case you can plan for another day - or you'll find an attractive new friend.

Best case, you can feel good about taking something from the job that hasn't given you a break.