Girl from high school got angry I didn't remember her (semi-rant)

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

What an odd night. I went to a local bar tonight; usually a pretty laid back place but it was packed tonight. While I was at the bar, this girl just shouted my name from behind. I turned around and saw her. She was really pretty, and looked vaguely familiar.

I said "Hey!..." And she came up to me and told me "I can't believe it! How have you been?" I was slightly confused.

I said "Hey... Uh, great! I'm sorry, but..." (I was still trying to figure out who she was)

And then she said her name. I still wasn't getting it, until she said "From high school!" Then I remembered that she was actually one of the most popular girls in high school. I said "Oh wow! You're back! That's awesome."

But then she said "***** (my name)! Seriously? You don't remember?"

I just tried to play it off by saying "Well, it's been a million years. How have you been?"

Then she gave a short story about where she went to college and what she's doing for work. After that, she said "*****(my name again)! I can't believe you don't remember me!"

I then said "Well, who remember high school anyway?" She then said "I do!" and started asking me if I still remember and talk to all these kids from high school. Each time I said "Uh, no," or "Nope," or "Sorry."

THEN she started to get confrontational. She started saying "I can't believe you don't remember! It was such a great time! It was so much fun! Wasn't it important to you?"

I kinda just paused for a moment and said "... to be honest, not really." And she demanded to know why. I just laughed and said "Because life starts AFTER high school!"

Things became ugly there. She became REALLY confrontational. She said "Oh what's up?! You think you're sooooo cool, huh? That you're sooooo important? Too important to remember me? What happened to you? You used to be such a nice kid! Are you too cool now? Are you too cool to remember me?"

I realized the situation was beyond salvaging; I could tell she was drunk and that there was now hope of returning to a normal conversation, so instead of denying it, I just decided to play along.

I started chuckling and said "Yes! Yes I am! I'm too cool for you and too cool for high school baby!"

She then started calling me "*******" and "unbelievable" but I just started looking over her shoulder with a grin and saying "Okay," and "Alright," interrupting her insults. She eventually just stomped off muttering.

So aside from being assailed by a belligerent drunk, I really have to say that I honestly do not care about high school, and once people become adults, I really don't think they should care either. A lot of people say "You're high school years are supposed to be the best years of you're life," but whenever I hear that, I really can't help but think "Wow, you must really lead a sad and pathetic life."

Think about it; most kids in high school don't drive a car; they haven't lived on their own, they haven't held a decent job, they haven't wandered too far from their home (except maybe to Disneyland), they haven't seen the world, they haven't been inside of a bar or a club or a major concert, they haven't fallen in love or (at the other end of the spectrum) enjoyed the thrill of a quick fling or a one night stand.

I honestly believe it when I say "life starts AFTER high school." To be honest, I was kind of a nerd in high school; I buried my head in books and didn't have many friends or even a girlfriend; never went to a dance or a party (didn't even go to prom) so there wasn't much to remember. My life kicked into high gear once I got into college; I started making friends, meeting girls, working, even traveled abroad a couple of times; creating memories and experiences.

I really have to say that it's pathetic that some people still talk about high school as if it was so important and meaningful; it's really not. Adult life is so much better.

Anyway, my rant is done. Can anyone relate?

I can totally relate to that. I have just one friend from high school that I still keep in touch with, and there have been a couple of times she's tried to get me to hang out with people from high school. I've explained to her, "I didn't even like these people when we were in high school. If I'm going hang out with somebody, I'd rather hang out with a complete stranger because at least then I don't know for sure it's going to be someone I won't like."

Anyway, I think it's a nostalgia thing for some people. It seems really silly to me.

TheBigQuestion

Was this really worth ranting about? Some drunk chick that you went to high school with acting belligerently drunk? She definitely made a fool out of herself, but I honestly would just be laughing my ass off rather than ranting about it.

I love reading things like this, hahaha.

Obviously, since you mentioned, she was a top-notch gal in highschool, she's going to expect you to be interested in what she has to say.

But, like the rest of us (myself included), I DON'T care what "you" have been up to. I have friends, and they're my friends for a reason.

Funny thing is, in my small town, a lot of people don't leave that highschool phase. Same ol' song and dance. Cracks me up.

BlueHarvest

You don't care about High School, why? Because like you said you didn't have alot of friends and buried your head in books. Some people do care about their high school AND thier college friends. Others only care about college, and further one, some don't even care about college friends. Each person is different.

I still stay in touch with some of my High School friends, mainly the ones from band, but the point is your ranting about not caring....why this girl that approached you was ranting at you about your lack of caring. See the hypocrisy?

I would tone your rants down on these boards man, it's a dating forum, not your personal blog.

What an odd night. I went to a local bar tonight; usually a pretty laid back place but it was packed tonight. While I was at the bar, this girl just shouted my name from behind. I turned around and saw her. She was really pretty, and looked vaguely familiar.

I said "Hey!..." And she came up to me and told me "I can't believe it! How have you been?" I was slightly confused.

I said "Hey... Uh, great! I'm sorry, but..." (I was still trying to figure out who she was)

And then she said her name. I still wasn't getting it, until she said "From high school!" Then I remembered that she was actually one of the most popular girls in high school. I said "Oh wow! You're back! That's awesome."

But then she said "***** (my name)! Seriously? You don't remember?"

I just tried to play it off by saying "Well, it's been a million years. How have you been?"

Then she gave a short story about where she went to college and what she's doing for work. After that, she said "*****(my name again)! I can't believe you don't remember me!"

I then said "Well, who remember high school anyway?" She then said "I do!" and started asking me if I still remember and talk to all these kids from high school. Each time I said "Uh, no," or "Nope," or "Sorry."

THEN she started to get confrontational. She started saying "I can't believe you don't remember! It was such a great time! It was so much fun! Wasn't it important to you?"

I kinda just paused for a moment and said "... to be honest, not really." And she demanded to know why. I just laughed and said "Because life starts AFTER high school!"

Things became ugly there. She became REALLY confrontational. She said "Oh what's up?! You think you're sooooo cool, huh? That you're sooooo important? Too important to remember me? What happened to you? You used to be such a nice kid! Are you too cool now? Are you too cool to remember me?"

I realized the situation was beyond salvaging; I could tell she was drunk and that there was now hope of returning to a normal conversation, so instead of denying it, I just decided to play along.

I started chuckling and said "Yes! Yes I am! I'm too cool for you and too cool for high school baby!"

She then started calling me "*******" and "unbelievable" but I just started looking over her shoulder with a grin and saying "Okay," and "Alright," interrupting her insults. She eventually just stomped off muttering.

So aside from being assailed by a belligerent drunk, I really have to say that I honestly do not care about high school, and once people become adults, I really don't think they should care either. A lot of people say "You're high school years are supposed to be the best years of you're life," but whenever I hear that, I really can't help but think "Wow, you must really lead a sad and pathetic life."

Think about it; most kids in high school don't drive a car; they haven't lived on their own, they haven't held a decent job, they haven't wandered too far from their home (except maybe to Disneyland), they haven't seen the world, they haven't been inside of a bar or a club or a major concert, they haven't fallen in love or (at the other end of the spectrum) enjoyed the thrill of a quick fling or a one night stand.

I honestly believe it when I say "life starts AFTER high school." To be honest, I was kind of a nerd in high school; I buried my head in books and didn't have many friends or even a girlfriend; never went to a dance or a party (didn't even go to prom) so there wasn't much to remember. My life kicked into high gear once I got into college; I started making friends, meeting girls, working, even traveled abroad a couple of times; creating memories and experiences.

I really have to say that it's pathetic that some people still talk about high school as if it was so important and meaningful; it's really not. Adult life is so much better.

Anyway, my rant is done. Can anyone relate?

I think this is hilarious! It's funny how it's usually the "popular" ones that still want to live back in the day... when they thought they were so important etc. I would see some of them from my old high school around town, years after high school and they'd still be acting like they did then... expecting that everyone still "adored" them... it was actually pretty pathetic and sad really...

on the other hand.. the ones that I'd run into that were not as popular in high school turned out to have way more going for them, and were much more interesting to talk to etc.

I think she was clearly drunk and inappropriate... but just because she valued highschool more than you- doesn't necessarily mean she is pathetic and still living in her HS years. It's possible while you were burying your head in books, not going to dances or prom or school events- she was growing and learning about herself and others. Apparently she has kept the friends she made in HS.

In my opinion, she looks fondly back on HS- and why not? Even though she was limited by her age, she was on the brink of adulthood, was clearly popular and HS was formative for her.

It doesn't mean she's not a spoiled brat, but the point is- why look down on someone who had the traits you lacked in HS - to make it important to her? Sounds like to me, she used her attractiveness, charm and courage to meet others, become active in HS and ENJOY the experience- while facing the burdens accompanying adolescence.

Dude you totaly blew the chance to make out with the hottest girl at your former HS.... Sad really.

+1

I think she had more in mind than just telling him about HS.

+1

I think she had more in mind than just telling him about HS.

Seriously it bothers me how bad he screwed this one over. If I was single and I turned around and it was some pretty girl who I later realized was the prettiest girl from my high school and she was all "don't you remember me" I would for sure try to mess that girl up... if I was single which I'm asuming this guy is.... and single for good reason if this is what he does what he does when opportunity comes knocking...

When I read the title I thought it was just going to be some random ugly girl who got mad at him. I was going to be like who remembers that! But it was the hottest girl who is still hot...so sad

and.then.some

I think the key here is that she was drunk.

One day, I walked into a bar to play pool. This guy in a cowboy hat said "Hey! Do you still want my pants?!"

Apparently, I had chased him around a bar because his pants were shiny. (Ah! To be 19 again! :confused:)

People do weird and silly things, fixate on weird and silly things, if there's enough alcohol in the picture.

As for high school itself, I didn't particularly care for it. I thought I was too cool for it, and the people in it. Every now and again, a guy will come up to me and ask me if I remember him from high school. If they have to ask, because I didn't say "Hey!" automatically, it means I don't.

A few people were really surprised that I didn't recognize them at all. One seemed mad, and one actually declared that everyone knew him. There was no alcohol in the picture, so I thought it was pretty funny. "You mean you don't recognize me at aaaaaaall? I don't even look familiar to you?"

Karen Walker said at best "Honey, I don't look. I'm looked at." :lmao: