Best Friend not good for my love life?

aerogurl87

Ok so here's basically what has happened. My "best friend" and I have been friends for 7 years or so, and when I've always needed her she has been there for me. On the other hand though, she's done some pretty shady stuff.

Example 1) My ex and I were having problems and got into a big argument which ended in us breaking up for a few days. We were in a LDR which made it even harder. Anyway, my ex and my friend were friends at the time so while him and I were broken up she'd talk to him on the phone till like 3am. They'd talk and laugh and she'd sort of flirt with him. Then when he told her he wanted to get back with me, she told him not to because she thought he deserved better. :eek: And then to make it even better, when him and I broke up for the last time she told me that she was happy because she'd been trying to break us up from the beginning.

Example 2) Everything with my current guy is going great. So she starts bitching at him, insulting him out of nowhere. He tries to be cordial but she's a bitch toward him. I ask her why she's so mean to him and she says she just doesn't like him because she thinks I can do better since she thinks I'm out of his league in the looks department. I tell her he's a nice guy and I really like him, so she starts saying that something isn't right about our relationship. Something is "off" she claims. She tells me that she thinks we are missing something, although I told her I was perfectly happy. Then she tells me he'll be replaced soon and that I'm wasting my time on him.

Example 3) When I cheated on my ex she encouraged it. Tried to get me to go back to the guy I cheated on him with because "he was rich and hot". Then she tried to get me to wait to break up with my ex because she said that I should've waited to do it after Valentine's Day so I would have someone (and get something) for that day.

Anyway, I'm starting to put things together and wondering if her and I should continue as friends. I love her like a sister, but I don't want to always have to worry about her trying to sabatoge my relationships because she thinks they aren't "good enough for me" to her.

My ex and I were having problems and got into a big argument which ended in us breaking up for a few days. We were in a LDR which made it even harder. Anyway, my ex and my friend were friends at the time so while him and I were broken up she'd talk to him on the phone till like 3am. They'd talk and laugh and she'd sort of flirt with him. Then when he told her he wanted to get back with me, she told him not to because she thought he deserved better. :eek: .

She doesn't sound like much of a friend to me if this is what she does.

txsilkysmoothe

And why is she your best friend?

If she is your "best" friend, I can't imagine how horrible your other friends are.

It's obvious she is out for herself. If you have a guy she wants, she will try to get him. If you have a guy she doesn't want, she will sabotage it out of jealousy of you spending time with someone else or jealousy that you have a guy and she doesn't. This isn't friendship.

Then when he told her he wanted to get back with me, she told him not to because she thought he deserved better.

Can there be better evidence that this person is not your friend? That is sickening.

• Like 1
  • Author

Yeah my boyfriend and I discussed it all last night. He said he won't try to get me to stop being friends with her because it isn't his place, but to him our friendship doesn't sound healthy. Anyway, the reason we stayed friends was because she was my roommate last year and I didn't feel like going through the drama of cutting her out of my life while we lived together. Then when my ex and I broke up for good she was there for me, so we stayed friends. But it's starting again and I'm seriously considering blocking her out of my life now.