Do girls expect to "feel something" when they're grinding with a guy at the club?

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

This may be somewhat explicit, but it's a serious question that's been boiling in my head for a while.

I just came back from a bar; not really a club, but they had a dance night going on. They were playing typical party songs; Kesha, Lady Gaga, 3oh!3, etc. I was just hanging out by the bar, and this girl bumped into me. She apologized, I then jokingly said, "I don't think think sorry's good enough." She then started saying how she liked my stubble. She compared me to a celebrity who has stubble. I could tell she was tipsy, but I thought I'd go with it.

Immediately, the song changed, she talked about how this was her favorite song. Now, at the clubs, a lot of girls rub their butt on the guy's pelvis (I know, but that's what "dancing" is today) so to joke, I reversed roles, turned my back to her and started rubbing my butt against her. She cracked up, and when I turned around, she did the same to me.

The whole encounter lasted less than a minute, and as quickly as it started, it ended. She said she had to get back to her friends and I just said "have a fun night."

Now here's the thing. When girls are grinding with a guy at the club, do they expect to, how do I say this, "feel something?" I don't have ED or anything. It's just that I've encountered so many prudes and teases before that over the years, I've learned how not to get too excited too early. I've learned how to "not get my hopes up" only to be "let down."

But is that a turn off to girls who're grinding with a guy at the club?

SadandConfusedWA

Uh, when dancing I wouldn't say that I expect to feel something but more often than not, I DO "feel something". For me it's flattering to feel that the guy is really attracted to me, but I wouldn't hold it against him if I "felt nothing".

Ew. To each their own, and I'm cool with that....but, ew. I love to dance and I wish just once I could go out to club and not end up feeling sexually assaulted and like a b**** for not being cool with it. :rolleyes: Hanging out only with the gay feels so... pessimistic. Ugh. Anyways.

I would expect crotch-rubbing to provoke a physical reaction in a guy. Doesn't it usually?

• Author
Don'tWannabeAWannabe
Ew. To each their own, and I'm cool with that....but, ew. I love to dance and I wish just once I could go out to club and not end up feeling sexually assaulted and like a b**** for not being cool with it. :rolleyes: Hanging out only with the gay feels so... pessimistic. Ugh. Anyways.

I would expect crotch-rubbing to provoke a physical reaction in a guy. Doesn't it usually?

Like I said, I've encountered a lot of prudes and teases over the years, so I guess my body has automatically adjusted to save it for the moment of truth, if you know what I mean.

bananaboat11

Heh... fyi... controlling your erections is a good positive indicator you have a better erection quality than most men. See penile health books for more info on that... better eq means longer, harder erections... in addition... flaccid penis length has no correlation to erect girth... so for a woman to not feel what she's 'hoping' to feel is stupid

haha I always expect to feel something if I'm grinding on the dancefloor with a guy, if I don't I take it as an insult because it means I'm not doing my job correctly.

hoping2heal

Yes "So THIS is what a douche feels like on the outside, instead of inside...hey is your last name massengil?"

OP by the way, this may be off topic, but everytime I see your username I hear the song "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls playing in my head for some reason.

Omgosh haha, I interpreted "feel something" as and emotional connection. Bahahah.... I laughed out loud when I started reading these comments.

meerkat stew

In my generation sprouting an erection on the dance floor is a sign of either a) a young, very sexually inexperienced man or b) a man who has run across a woman who is so physically arousing to him that he can't help it. It has happened to all of us, and is neither a reason for shame nor a source of pride. Just a cue to get off the dance floor and cool down before someone sees it and starts pointing and laughing.

Despite what some women are saying here, unless they work a job that pays $20 per lap dance, it's almost never a turn-on for women to have a stranger pop a full rod while dancing unless he is smaller than average. What they are talking about is a penis that is somewhere between soft and hard, not a full bone. A full one is going to prompt an "Ewwww!" almost every time if it happens in public with a stranger.

:lmao: Can't believe this topic is even "coming up" :lmao:

back when I was single and dancing with girls who were not my gf they often got to feel something. Heck things often got to the point where I would make out with a girl on the dance floor or she would lift up my shirt and touch my abs.

When me and my gf dance she definetly feels something.

Edited by Green
make me believe

Omg "dancing," ie grinding, at clubs is seriously so creepy to me. I can't imagine why women are ok with rubbing their asses on random guys' d*cks. The way I see it, if a chick is rubbing her ass all over your junk, she can't be surprised if you pop a boner. EWWW. Now I'm picturing all these dudes wandering around the dance floor with their erections all big & proud. lol. So gross.

Disintegration
Dancing at clubs is something I've always despised, even more than just dancing which I'll never do anyway.

Girls just grind on people and they don't even know who they are, what the hell is the point? It looks silly beyond belief too.

I totally agree with you. What ever happened to just dancing? All it is now is just grinding up on someone, it looks more like a sex act than dancing.

In general I don't think girls feel anything, other than a bit turned on and perhaps ego-boosted for turning the guy on. What possible enjoyment could you get out of rubbing your bottom on something? If you were rubbing her clit, then maybe she'd feel it... but not her bottom.

Satisfaction

I don't know girls would intentionally rub against a guy like that then stop and walk away. Sounds a bit tarty to me. I always thought if a girl was interested in you she would be looking in your eyes and touching your face and talking to you as well?

I rarely have this happen to me. I think if the guy is tall enough to rest his chin on the top of your head then you can probably feel something. I tend to find when I am dancing with guys the same height as me, this never happens, but what happens is that their hands start to wander, starts of on your waist, then moves to stomach then starts to drift down as if there are magnets, somehow.

I don't know girls would intentionally rub against a guy like that then stop and walk away. Sounds a bit tarty to me. I always thought if a girl was interested in you she would be looking in your eyes and touching your face and talking to you as well?

I rarely have this happen to me. I think if the guy is tall enough to rest his chin on the top of your head then you can probably feel something. I tend to find when I am dancing with guys the same height as me, this never happens, but what happens is that their hands start to wander, starts of on your waist, then moves to stomach then starts to drift down as if there are magnets, somehow.

I like to put my hands nice and low when dancing

• Author
Don'tWannabeAWannabe
I totally agree with you. What ever happened to just dancing? All it is now is just grinding up on someone, it looks more like a sex act than dancing.

Have you been to a club recently? Have you heard the type of music they play?

Here's 3 songs I distinctly remember there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWJECLN4S00

How on earth do you dance to that? What style of dance goes with that? :confused:

Seriously? "How do you dance to that?" Very easily. (Not like I feel all that inclined to show you.) Why do people who don't actually LIKE dancing even... ::sigh:: K.