How Do You React When You See a Wedding Band or Engagement Ring...?

USMCHokie

So today's question comes while I was sitting and people watching in the airport today.

I occasionally saw attractive women walking by, and of course my first instincts are to look for a ring on the left hand. How do you all "react" if you see a ring on a man or woman?

If I see a ring on a woman, that women instantly becomes completely unattractive to me, and I don't give her a second glance...I don't know if other guys react similarly or if they don't give a crap if she's engaged or married...

On the other hand, I've noticed and even read that women actually tend to become more attracted if they see a wedding band on a man...

Thoughts...?

So today's question comes while I was sitting and people watching in the airport today.

I occasionally saw attractive women walking by, and of course my first instincts are to look for a ring on the left hand. How do you all "react" if you see a ring on a man or woman?

If I see a ring on a woman, that women instantly becomes completely unattractive to me, and I don't give her a second glance...I don't know if other guys react similarly or if they don't give a crap if she's engaged or married...

On the other hand, I've noticed and even read that women actually tend to become more attracted if they see a wedding band on a man...

Thoughts...?

Not at all. When I see a guy with a band, I immediately lose interest. I don't like to waste time or share someone with other people. In fact, I purposefully look out for bands. It keeps me from wasting time and energy. :)

For me, whenever I see a man with a ring.....I wonder how faithful they really are. A friend of mine I know for a fact is not faithful with his W. I'm taken myself- no ring, just 5 years of being with an awesome bf :)

LucreziaBorgia

In my 'cheatery' days, I was indifferent to rings or whether someone was engaged - it wasn't an attraction or a deterrent.

Now though, when I see a ring or hear 'fiance/girlfriend', the person becomes a relationship/sexual non-entity.

Thoughts...?

Yes, we guys tend to be more repelled by a woman wearing a wedding ban or ring.

I've noticed women tend to be more intrigued by a man wearing one.

It depends on the situation, mood, location, etc... The majority of the time, the ring means "friend zone" and backburner.

I see a ring, and I dismiss a man right away without a second thought!

my mind automatically processes "off limits and unavailable"

Not at all. When I see a guy with a band, I immediately lose interest. I don't like to waste time or share someone with other people. In fact, I purposefully look out for bands. It keeps me from wasting time and energy. :)

I agree with these 3 awesome posters! It doesn't interest me when I see a man with a wedding band.

I've noticed women tend to be more intrigued by a man wearing one.

Some women are more intrigued. A mutual friend of a friend is like that. Clearly, she is not part of our clique!

To be honest.. I never ever checked for a ring... it just doesn't cross my mind.. :o because I don't pursue..

If the guy is flirting with me... the band has absolutely no 'importance'... if I like what I see.. I flirt back.. I don't even think of checking the finger..

A lot of MM don't even wear their wedding band..

I react in a similar manner. Once I see a ring, I lose interest in the man & it's done. I'm looking out for the next one instantly.

skydiveaddict

Thoughts...?

If a woman, is wearing a ring, even if I find her very attractive, I consider her "off-limits" to me.

As a hobby silversmith and amateur jeweler, I confess I look at the ring, take in the design, try to decide it's composition, materials, how it would have been made, artistic merit etc.

How sad am I :rolleyes:

SincereOnlineGuy

Hopefully this is just poorly worded (and hopefully you know/admit it).

Are you really saying that a human female is "unattractive" merely for the wearing of a (certain sort of) ring???

I fully respect the fact that you cease to pursue them, but to deem them "unattractive" for just that reason is a stretch, and a big one at that.

As for women being/seeming more attracted to a man with a wedding ring, it could also have something to do with the parallel matter of personal comfort a woman can('t) dare show in random situations.

If you sit here and read LoveShack all day, or all week, you'll marvel over lots of women speaking their minds and perhaps letting you read/perceive thoughts and feelings you seldom imagined women would share with you.

Well the thing is, they're safe, and they're comfortable, right next to that little button that says "off". That is what fuels them to speak their minds, and to let their hair down, without cause for concern.

In the real, social world, it makes sense that some women don't guard themselves socially in the vicinity of a married man because they perceive him as out-of-bounds, and not really eligible or looking.

Obviously there are those who will cross that boundary for money or sex (or money AND sex), but I don't think all of them are motivated that way.

I may sound self-righteous but I don't understand why some women would find married men attractive. :confused:

Perhaps these women don't want to commit either.

• Author
I'm pretty sure he meant it by that married women aren't the type he'd pursue.

I could be wrong.

Well, for the most part, yes, this would be what I meant when I said "unattractive"...but also bear in mind, attractiveness really is a subjective term...and it certainly varies from person to person...

I'm not saying that being married or ina relationship makes you ugly...it's just that if you caught my eye and I then spotted the ring, then I wouldn't be looking at you much longer...not because you're ugly, but because you're suddenly a lot less attractive to me...

Being taken is not an attractive quality... :rolleyes:

Well, for the most part, yes, this would be what I meant when I said "unattractive"...but also bear in mind, attractiveness really is a subjective term...and it certainly varies from person to person...

I'm not saying that being married or ina relationship makes you ugly...it's just that if you caught my eye and I then spotted the ring, then I wouldn't be looking at you much longer...not because you're ugly, but because you're suddenly a lot less attractive to me...

Being taken is not an attractive quality... :rolleyes:

That's right ;)

One time I didn't look for a ring and it was in a bar of all places. I am not really sure if she had one or not, because I didn't look. She was introducing me to her husband a few minutes into our friendly conversation. Kind of embarrassing. I felt used more than anything lol.

Ring or not I am a married man so I say no to any woman that wants to do her thing with me. Even if I were single I would never mess around with a married woman. I would never even have casual relations with her. I have to somewhat like a woman to even have sex with her and I have no warm feelings whatsoever towards two timing women.

I won't speak for all women but I can attest to the fact that a ring makes a man much more attractive to many of them when he is out.

If/when I notice an attractive guy with a wedding band I wonder right away if he is faithful to his wife. I am skeptical about real alpha males remaining faithful all of the time. I think it is a lot easier to be faithful when your commitment is not tested on a daily basis.

If/when I notice a not-so-attractive person (male or female) with a wedding band...I feel hopeful for all of us average-below average people!

LOL..that's when I DO notice..most of the time I don't notice the bling-band or otherwise.