Anyone here who doesn't celebrate Valentine's day?

sugar_and_spice

Jersey Shortie

I think it's a nice day that breaks up some of the monotmy of everyday life. You don't have to go all crazy spending alot of money but it's nice to have a reminder to tell the people you love, that you love them and doing something a little special.

I've only celebrated it once in my life...last year...

Now I'm back in the world of singledom, so that'd be a big fat no.

Not by choice ... :lmao:

But it is all a thing to make money to me ... you should be sweet to your sweet heart every day...but I understand it is important to others and I live in this world so I would play by the rules ... :D

My work colleague doesn't celebrate it because she's a Jehovah's Witness and she isn't allowed. It seems kind of sad that she never sent or received a Valentines card in her entire life :(

My work colleague doesn't celebrate it because she's a Jehovah's Witness and she isn't allowed. It seems kind of sad that she never sent or received a Valentines card in her entire life :(

I was in this religion from the time I was 8, until I left at 26. I can't tell you the many ways this religion screwed up my life, and it wasn't just about not getting Valentine cards. :(

I haven't had a reason to celebrate Valentines Day in over 10 years...how sad is that. Needless to say, I despise it to the fullest.

Same goes for XMAS or birthday...no gifts from any men in over 10 years.

If it sounds pathetic that's because it is. :( I just haven't had a boyfriend during those times...oh how sad...

I don't even know what it's like to get a rose or any kind of gift from a man anymore, and I'm 33 years old. Think I was 19 or 20 the last time a boyfriend gave me a thoughtful gift.

And my b day falls in January so I pretty despise the months of December - February, or any time that is supposed to recognize and exchange gifts with someone who loves you, because that person is never there.

Now that I've brightened your day, have a good valentines day! lol.

I usually celebrate it with friends, but this year Chinese New Year's falls on the same day. So I'm off celebrating with family. But I am getting my friends' chocolate, so I'm happy.

I sent a card and some candy to my son at college. He's my little sweetie (although he takes exception to being called 'little'). Whatever. :rolleyes:

I was in this religion from the time I was 8, until I left at 26. I can't tell you the many ways this religion screwed up my life, and it wasn't just about not getting Valentine cards. :(

Why did you leave it?

so i don't really celebrate it for that reason--i usually give a few things to kids(treats)

I do feel the pressure of the day though--even though i know regardless i will get something just because it is my birthday. I can understand how that pressure is for single people.

Why did you leave it?

Because I no longer believed their teachings, and the thing that sealed the deal was when they came out with their 'new information' about how we weren't supposed to associate with family members who were kicked out of the church. I had a sister who had left the religion so it really hit me hard. That was the last straw for me. I had had enough of such a narrow-minded and controlling religion. They have ruined more lives by splitting up families. I don't hate the people in the religion, but I fully hate the religion itself.

skydiveaddict

If, I'm dating someone, I put up with it. If I'm single, (like now) no. In either case I dont celebrate it.

I don't acknowledge it normally. If I am dating someone, I'll do so, but I've been single for soooooooooo long that it's been years and years since I did anything for V-day.

It will come and go like every other day.

It's quite possible that he knows with the new girl that he can't get away with not putting forth a special effort. Trust me, if he cheated on you, he'll cheat again.

It will come and go like every other day.

Yep...it's just another day for me...

Another stupid day where everyone except for me seems all happy and lovey dovey with their sig O's while I'm stuck with Twizzlers, Mountain Dew, and NCIS reruns...

:mad:

skydiveaddict

[quote=D-Lish;2654901 I've been single for soooooooooo long that it's been years and years since I did anything for V-day.

That must be by your own choice.

The Paper Knight

I do like festivals that are spawned from pagan traditions, as their origins are closely bound to nature. It is a time where the seasons start to change, so it is a good time to make a change for myself.

That must be by your own choice.

Partially perhaps. I associate falling in love with pain, so I tend to isolate myself from getting involved. 8 Years since I left my exH, around 5 since my ex of barely a year.

I always feel alienated by holidays as a single person.

skydiveaddict
Partially perhaps. I associate falling in love with pain, so I tend to isolate myself from getting involved. 8 Years since I left my exH, around 5 since my ex of barely a year.

I always feel alienated by holidays as a single person.

I looked at your pics in your profile, believe me, you would have NO trouble finding a good man. But I feel the same alienation as you do. But I ship out for Afghanistan in May, so a relationship for me at this point isn't a good idea anyway. BTW, how's the new hire working out?

I totally would, but it clashes with Chinese New Year this year - which is a pain, frankly. :( When both partners are obliged to spend all day (and night) with their relatives, you'd be lucky to sneak out a single romantic call.

skydiveaddict

I've got ten tandem jumps scheduled this V-day. So what happens is

one sweetheart is hooked to me , the other to another instructor.

We all jump @ the same time. Invariably, on the way down, the guy pulls out a sign that says "will you marry me?" She starts crying and nods yes in an hysterical manner I guarantee you I'll go ten for ten. I'm not complaining though, I'll make 600.00 bucks U.S this Sunday

greatgirlfriend

Not usually. This year I have just started dating someone so I won't buy them anything, nor do I expect anything in return (it's only been a month). Most of the time it's just a stupid holiday.