If I'm unhappy with myself, should I stay in the relationship?

pleasedontyell

pleasedontyell

By "unhappy with myself" I mean like-

I'm unhappy about circumstances in my life, so my patience is always thin, I get irritated over little things, etc.

But I love him dearly, as does he, and we're both reluctant to let go, even if my feelings are poisonous.

• Author
pleasedontyell

Oops, okay.

So- I've had to move to a different continent, because of something that I sort of blame on him.

Everyday here, I think about why I'm here, and how I wish I wasn't, and how everything sucks.

I get irritated by the littlest things, and I'm not really the happy person I used to be. Even when we fight he has a tends to say "where'd the old you go...?"

Which pisses me off further, because I feel like it's his fault that I'm different in the first place, because it's his fault that I'm here.

I'm working on forgiving him, I really really am.

Well no- I'm working on NOT blaming him.

But it's hard, and I don't think I'll ever not blame him..

^^ What he said.

But first you have to identify what you are unhappy about, is it with yourself, your career, your lifestyle, and think long and hard about your relationship before you decide to do, or say, anything. Plenty of great people have been abandoned because their partners had this idea that something was amiss in their life, and immediately break things off, without considering what else might be wrong.

Story telling 101.

Start from the beginning and tell us how you got together, the events that lead to you moving, then explain the circumstances you are currently in. With what you have given now, all I can say is that you seem like a mean person. I certainly hope that isn't true.