Which do girls prefer? Calm/cool or hyper/energetic?

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

Don'tWannabeAWannabe

Which kind of personality do young women prefer in guys? The guy who's calm, non-nonchalant, has a cool and breezy attitude about him? Or the guy who's active, social, energetic, always engaging everyone?

Because it seems like going for either personality can have it's draw-backs.

If a guy goes for the calm/cool attitude but doesn't do it exactly right, he can come off as the quiet, creepy type.

If a guy goes for the hyper/energetic attitude but doesn't do it right, he can come off as annoying or obnoxious.

If you're hyper, be hyper. If you're calm, be calm.

Generally, boring girls go for hyper guys (need I explain why) and exciting girls go for calm guys (mellows them). It's weird, but the chips seem to fall that way from my observations.

I like guys of all positive personality types, but it's mostly the nerdy, smart, creepy ones that keep my attention the longest. :) Creepy in a good way. Is there such a thing? :rolleyes::laugh:

What do you classify as young women? I still consider myself as young at 35, but you might disagree! :laugh:

Anyways, a guy who's cool and calm isn't necessarily laid back and boring. He can still engage everyone and have a charismatic, even electric personality. With this in mind, I prefer this kind of guy. Someone who's very cool and calm under fire, but social and engaging.

Hyper is not attractive to me, even though I myself are a little hyper. Most def. an A-type personality. ;)

• Author
Don'tWannabeAWannabe
What do you classify as young women? I still consider myself as young at 35, but you might disagree! :laugh:

Sorry, but I'm 22, so I want girls 18 to 22.

I still consider myself as young at 35, but you might disagree!

I do. You're pretty old at this point. How is the knitting going?

skydiveaddict

lmao thats pretty harsh carl btw, you're original avatar was much better

edit: wow, as I typed that you changed it, lol

kiss_andmakeup

Hyper and energetic are two completely separate things in my opinion...energy is great, but a guy who is "hyper" would drive me nuts...

Sorry' date=' but I'm 22, so I want girls 18 to 22.[/quote']Glad you clarified. Now the 18 to 22 year olds can give input. ;)

If I'm old, you're ancient at 39! I've almost finished knitting the touque for your bald head.
If a guy goes for the calm/cool attitude but doesn't do it exactly right, he can come off as the quiet, creepy type.

If a guy goes for the hyper/energetic attitude but doesn't do it right, he can come off as annoying or obnoxious.

I find the above statements to be very troubling. Why would you 'go for' any type of personality besides your own? What is stated above sounds like you're being a fake.

I personally prefer a calm personality in a guy, someone who isn't easily ruffled, who comes across as outgoing but not trying to be in the limelight.

kiss_andmakeup

I also think, in regards to both this thread and your other one, that it depends on whether you're just looking to date/hook up/have fun or looking for a serious relationship.

Hyper and energetic are two completely separate things in my opinion...energy is great, but a guy who is "hyper" would drive me nuts...

Yep, I agree. Hyper men are just plain annoying.

• Author
Don'tWannabeAWannabe
I also think, in regards to both this thread and your other one, that it depends on whether you're just looking to date/hook up/have fun or looking for a serious relationship.

Well, all of the above.

You have to date in order to hook up and have fun and eventually turn into a relationship, right?

skydiveaddict
I can't find that picture or I'd put it back. I'm a little bummed about that.

You cant find it? cmon it's gotta be some where on your 'puter

A natural personality in men is preferable. The fake personality is the worst. Also, a balanced and appropriate personality is welcome.

Guys who are trying to fake every part of themselves are boring because they fake their personalities in the same way.

The most obvious and common feature of a fake personality in a dating guy is his fake confidence.