disappearing man!

Hi everyone. Used to linger in here a few years ago, its such a great site.. I just wanted to see what opinions everyone has of this situation!

Met a guy online about a month ago.. chatted for only a day or two then we met, had a great time, got along really well, he text me straight after the date blah blah. Then he had to go away for work until xmas so we kept in touch every day via msn, text, and phone... Were making plans to catch up the week after xmas, then one day i didnt hear from him. Sent him a couple of msgs over a few days, figured he must have met someone else or something happened to him, so i sent him an email saying well, you could have just let me know if you werent interested blah blah.... That was a week ago...

Got an email last night, Saying, I'm really sorry, i had a car accident, details the injuries and then apologised again and signed off...

Thing is.. could this really be for real??? I dont know whether to give him the benefit of the doubt and reply, or text him right now and say Oh my god are you ok? For 10 whole days he has ignored every form of communication i have tried to get in touch with him (havent harassed him at all, but sent a few msgs asking Are you ok? coz it seemed so odd that he stopped communicating...

Aaahhh... Dont know what to do.. Email him back,?? Text him?? Assume his story is just a story and ignore him... Any advice???

Hi,

I just wanted to tell you that sometimes life happens. This guy probably was in a car accident. I was in a car accident on Sept 21st and I am still trying to get over it. So, be patient with his time, or don't. But don't assume he isn't interested. Car accidents can change a person's life. I know it is difficult not knowing what he is thinking. Maybe you could send him a text and say something like ...I hope you are okay. I'm sorry this happened to you...Is there anything I can do for you....??Just let him know that you are there if he needs to talk....

I hope this helps:)

If you're interested, e-mail him back and give him the benefit of the doubt. If he's pissed you off and you just don't care any more, just drop him entirely.

I'm guessing you care a bit, otherwise you wouldn't have posted here -so why not give him another try? Worst case scenario he vanishes again and then you stop everything.

• Author

Hi guys, thanks for the responses.... I ended up texting him to see how he was, said he was ok, and not much else. I know its possible he had the accident, but i get the feeling that its just a cop out excuse. Although no idea why he wouldn't have just said, Hey im not interested! We only went out once, im not exactly that worried about it, I just thought he was quite nice and was enjoying getting to know him. So many people play games out there!!! Its so frustrating!

Forget about him. If he is interested, he will contact you.

Men are afraid to say that they are not interested. They are afraid of conflict and drama.

• Author

Yep.. you're probably right.... he text me 2 days ago, in reply to a question i asked him the day before about the accident,.. Then i said to him "So i guess we won't be a catching up again for a while?"

He replied with this - "I'm not sure, i guess i screwed things up :-("

WTF??? So i said, why would you think that, and he said, I feel like an idiot.

Since then.. have hardly heard from him.

I guess he's not interested... i'm not even that bothered about it.. Just baffles me.. he seemed so nice and keen.. Makes me wonder what i did wrong for him to change his mind so very suddenly, And then more than likely make up a big BS story!! I don't get it... If the tables were turned, and i wasn't interested, i would just say, "im sorry, but im really not interested in you like that" or something... YKnow, how hard is it just to man up and be honest???