infatuated:-)

slutacious

so, i am into this guy. He is a regular customer at the restaurant i work at, and from what i hear, he only comes through when i work, and wont talk to anyone else. But, when i work, he sits and talks for good periods of time. I know quite a bit about his personal life, from education to work to what he does at home in his spare time. I want to let him know i am interested, while being subtle about it, because i really dont want to be rejected by him. Any suggestions? I was thinking about giving him a candy cane with a small poem attached. But i am at a loss.

so, i am into this guy. He is a regular customer at the restaurant i work at, and from what i hear, he only comes through when i work, and wont talk to anyone else. But, when i work, he sits and talks for good periods of time. I know quite a bit about his personal life, from education to work to what he does at home in his spare time. I want to let him know i am interested, while being subtle about it, because i really dont want to be rejected by him. Any suggestions? I was thinking about giving him a candy cane with a small poem attached. But i am at a loss.

Making a poem that he wont really care about will be a MUCH harder rejection.

I assume youve been conversing with him already? Heres subtlety...Turn up the flirting, touch him, thats all. If he doesnt ask you for your number after that, then hes not into you thats all. He knows how to do it.

• Author

good point about the poem. Shy/nerdy guys know how to flirt? Because from my experience, they usually bottle everything up, and wait 2 years for you to admit you liked them at their weddings, then tell you they felt the same. Oh my...

oh, it sounds as though he likes you. as it's nearly xmas, why don't you give him some mistletoe? then you could say something like you've always loved christmas traditions and see if he takes the hint! (ok maybe other people will think this is a silly idea but i think it's cute!)

good point about the poem. Shy/nerdy guys know how to flirt? Because from my experience, they usually bottle everything up, and wait 2 years for you to admit you liked them at their weddings, then tell you they felt the same. Oh my...

Actually I meant he knows how to ask for a number when he feels it.

Turn up the heat.

Eye contact. Most people don't look you in the eyes very much so if he gets plenty of that he'll probably get the picture.

As a guy, I don't have a problem with just giving him your number on a napkin or something either. If he likes you he'll call, otherwise he's being a wuss. I wouldn't expect you to do all of the work, or very much at all after that but there's nothing wrong with you making the first move as long as he is willing to take it from there. Why screw around, leave it with the bill after he pays one day and it's up to him. If he really does come there to see you then he WILL call, he'll feel like you read his mind.

Eye contact. Most people don't look you in the eyes very much so if he gets plenty of that he'll probably get the picture.

As a guy, I don't have a problem with just giving him your number on a napkin or something either. If he likes you he'll call, otherwise he's being a wuss. I wouldn't expect you to do all of the work, or very much at all after that but there's nothing wrong with you making the first move as long as he is willing to take it from there. Why screw around, leave it with the bill after he pays one day and it's up to him. If he really does come there to see you then he WILL call, he'll feel like you read his mind.

The only reason I'd disagree with this is because I personally would want to talk to her right there before calling her if she handed me her number out of the blue.

Keep talking to him.

Many men have a gigantic blind spot - bigger then the sun - when it comes to non-verbal communication. He might never react to mild flirting, touch.

I know this is bold - but - it will give you an immediate answer.

You just smile and ask him: "Are you ever going to ask me out on a date?"

And then see what he does. I have had that done to me - yes I know I am slow and lacking perception etc. It sure did work though.

If he only shows up when you work and talks exclusively to you the whole time, it sounds like a given that he is interested. If I were in your shoes I would just go for it and give him my number and tell him it would be nice to see him outside of work sometime.

If you are too shy to do that right away, start by dropping hints about things you would like to do ( "I really want to see that movie!" "Oh I've always wanted to go to that restaurant, have you been?") that way you give him an easy opening to ask you out.

Many men have a gigantic blind spot - bigger then the sun - when it comes to non-verbal communication. He might never react to mild flirting, touch.

I know this is bold - but - it will give you an immediate answer.

You just smile and ask him: "Are you ever going to ask me out on a date?"

And then see what he does. I have had that done to me - yes I know I am slow and lacking perception etc. It sure did work though.

this.

or, preferably, just sit in his lap.

If he only shows up when you work and talks exclusively to you the whole time, it sounds like a given that he is interested. If I were in your shoes I would just go for it and give him my number and tell him it would be nice to see him outside of work sometime.

I agree completely. We men do stupid things like this. (Not saying that he is stupid or being stupid, just the whole idea of going out of our way for someone we like, etc.) The fact that he ONLY comes when he knows you're there says A LOT.

A) Either he only wants to eat your pie.

B) Or he REALLY wants to eat YOUR pie.

Get it?

SincereOnlineGuy

It already sounds like a slam-dunk as far as mutual interest is concerned.

I like the idea of burning him some CD's/music.

Doing anything 'girlish' at this point to make your interest known is almost sure to be ideal. Don't forget that he is probably as uncertain, and in need of (a big SHOVE toward you, like they used to do in grade 4 on the playfield) as you are.

Let us know how it goes.

i found out today that he has the same musical tastes as i do, so i am burning him some cds. And giving them to him tomorrow. Lol...

You shouldnt do this to get him to like you, let him like you for your personality. AT least go on a date first before the gifts.

You shouldnt do this to get him to like you, let him like you for your personality. AT least go on a date first before the gifts.

I agree- no gift giving or poems... It just comes off as too eager.

i found out today that he has the same musical tastes as i do, so i am burning him some cds. And giving them to him tomorrow. Lol...

Do that. Tell him that you would like to listen to them with him...over dinner. lol