match.com

dreamergrl

Okay stupid question time. I'm thinking about doing match.com. I have a profile and all that fun stuff, and I've found some guys I'd like to converse with. I looked at that different packages.. it is different then what it used to be from back in the day when I used it before.

If someone emails you first, can you read it and respond, just read it, or neither? And what is with the profiles that are green?

Okay stupid question time. I'm thinking about doing match.com. I have a profile and all that fun stuff, and I've found some guys I'd like to converse with. I looked at that different packages.. it is different then what it used to be from back in the day when I used it before.

If someone emails you first, can you read it and respond, just read it, or neither? And what is with the profiles that are green?

um you can't respond or even read their message unless you are paying a fee on the site.

• Author
um you can't respond or even read their message unless you are paying a fee on the site.

Well I figured that much. But there's two or three types of members now. This one says "Anyone can email or IM you" that's the really expensive one. Then there's two cheaper ones.

Then there's profiles that are green, and I'm guessing those are the 'Anyone can message or IM you"

Well I figured that much. But there's two or three types of members now. This one says "Anyone can email or IM you" that's the really expensive one. Then there's two cheaper ones.

Then there's profiles that are green, and I'm guessing those are the 'Anyone can message or IM you"

i don't know what green profiles are. i just know i don't like the site, because you can't even read a message someone sends you without cleaning our your wallet

• Author

Well some of the profiles have a green background when you do a search. There's an option of a six month package that you anyone can email you and such. I think that is what it is.

But I don't want to pay if someone can't even read my messages

match.com is a scam

I had one case where someone will send an email right before the subscription ends. When you try to read it, you'll have to rejoin only to get a scam email or profile not available.

Now their scam is both parties have to pay to send and receive. Now that really is a scam.

I hate match.com.. but you know why! ;)

no, it was ok the first time I tried it because I didn't know what I was getting into and was more open-minded... then I had to go and fall for the first guy I really met on there and well.. you know the rest! It's hard for me to think about going back on there with that same open-mind I had the first time I guess... plus the last time I did try I pretty much only got a bunch of those lame wink thingies and some generic emails.. like these guys are just trolling for dates or something, hoping one of us will bite. Maybe I'm a little jaded now, I dunno... but now I think I'm too good for s*** like that... not to sound conceited...

Maybe your experience will be better... I hope so! you better keep me posted, k? ;)

Edited by tkgirl
  • Author

Well I'm trying OKcupid (but not finding any guys that grab my attention).

Then there's POS. Found a few that I'm interested in, but not getting anything back from them. And they viewed my profile. Maybe I'll have to do my own revamping.

Then there's POS. Found a few that I'm interested in, but not getting anything back from them. And they viewed my profile. Maybe I'll have to do my own revamping.

I wanna see your profile! ;) maybe I can help re-vamp it?

I hate match.com.. but you know why! ;)

no, it was ok the first time I tried it because I didn't know what I was getting into and was more open-minded... then I had to go and fall for the first guy I really met on there and well.. you know the rest! It's hard for me to think about going back on there with that same open-mind I had the first time I guess... plus the last time I did try I pretty much only got a bunch of those lame wink thingies and some generic emails.. like these guys are just trolling for dates or something, hoping one of us will bite. Maybe I'm a little jaded now, I dunno... but now I think I'm too good for s*** like that... not to sound conceited...

Maybe your experience will be better... I hope so! you better keep me posted, k? ;)

Like it's a crime to troll for dates...take a chance when opportunity knocks.

OH POS= Plenty of Fish. At first i thought Piece of Sh*T. for a min, I was thinking, what in the world is that, and you found someone that interests you? lol

but actually that is just another name for that site. its no good in my opinion

Like it's a crime to troll for dates...take a chance when opportunity knocks.

not saying it's a crime... guess I like to feel a little more "special" than that... like meeting a guy that wants to really get to know me and doesn't just see me as one of many that he can hook-up with... anyho, don't want to hi-jack the thread...

back to you DG... still waiting to see your profile! you can PM it to me if you want.. or not! ;)

Maybe they are just a little too short? One dude looked at my profile but didn't read my email.

that's typical... I've done that too. But then I never sent emails to anyone unless they wrote me first though... and most of them I wouldn't respond to either! yep, I'm a BEoch! and I probably don't deserve to be with anyone... :laugh:

but no, I don't think they are too short.. mine was way too long! shorter is better... not that anybody really reads them anyways...

Here's an interesting blog article which might assist you. The green background is apparently an extra cost option to make the profile more noticeable.

That guy J. Prince who wrote a HUGE sickningly sweet LONG letter was a Nigerian Scammer. I used to wonder ( back then ) why someone you never met ( who was from Nigeria ) would profess his love in such a heavy way....

Maybe they are just a little too short? One dude looked at my profile but didn't read my email.

Please save your money and DON'T pay Match.com.. not one dime. The dating sites are full of married men / social retards / cheap / and men that could not find a date if it struck them in the face...

Now I realize there are a FEW success stories but for the MOST part the only one SUCCESSFUL on ALL these dating sites is the site owners themselves who pull in millions of dollars...

Invest your money in a nice kitty cat or puppy :) Better investment !

Please save your money and DON'T pay Match.com.. not one dime. The dating sites are full of married men / social retards / cheap / and men that could not find a date if it struck them in the face...

Now I realize there are a FEW success stories but for the MOST part the only one SUCCESSFUL on ALL these dating sites is the site owners themselves who pull in millions of dollars...

Invest your money in a nice kitty cat or puppy :) Better investment !

I agree! if I was going to try the online thing again, I would just stick to the free ones... match isn't any better and not worth the $$$ IMO...

• Author

Well I have emailed a few on POF. Two which have gotten back to me, although one who doesn't ask me anything. We'll see how it goes.

• Author

Aha! Got a conversation going finally. Me and this guy ended up emailing each first at the same time.

Oooh and he's only 5'8 :laugh:

• Author

I work fast huh? Well I found like 5 or 6 guys I was interested in talking to, so I sent them all en email, got 3 responses, one which turned into a conversation. Maybe the odds were just in my favor?

I work fast huh? Well I found like 5 or 6 guys I was interested in talking to, so I sent them all en email, got 3 responses, one which turned into a conversation. Maybe the odds were just in my favor?

the odds are good but the goods are odd! :laugh:

but that's what I think of online dating... I know, I'm being a major buzzkill huh... sorry!

• Author
the odds are good but the goods are odd! :laugh:

but that's what I think of online dating... I know, I'm being a major buzzkill huh... sorry!

Just because you had a bad experience :p