After how many dates do you visit the guy at this place alone?

MissJoness

Yeah, when is it appropriate to spend an evening with a guy at his place, or to invite him over yours?

In the past I've done this immediately but I hear this isn't a good idea

Yeah, when is it appropriate to spend an evening with a guy at his place, or to invite him over yours?

In the past I've done this immediately but I hear this isn't a good idea

Usually unless you are sure he has got most of the attributes you would like in a potential mate.

My ex invited me to her place on our second date. We ended up sleeping together. Which then leads to a dangerous thing called a relationship.

I'm not a woman, but if I were you I'd be careful with this. If you're inviting him over, he's probably thinking you're giving an OK for sex. So if you aren't doing this, I'd say find something else to do for a date.

Set up your boundaries in as smooth a way as you can.

SoulSearch_CO
My ex invited me to her place on our second date. We ended up sleeping together. Which then leads to a dangerous thing called a relationship.

Ha. Not always.

But I'd say I'd have to be pretty comfortable with the guy as a person and know his motives (does he want sex, or is he interested in a relationship) before I'd invite him over to my place. But I also agree with others - if you invite a guy to your house, be prepared that he's going to think "sex."

Well, as a guy I typically expect the dinner at home date to happen by date 5 or 6, sometimes as early as 3.

Also, you're hot :). I have no idea what were all these threads "I'm homely" all about a few months back :confused:

Well, as a guy I typically expect the dinner at home date to happen by date 5 or 6, sometimes as early as 3.

Bloody hell! You're patient aren't you Sam?

How about she invites you over for date #2 and ONLY because $ex is on offer?

Bloody hell! You're patient aren't you Sam?

How about she invites you over for date #2 and ONLY because $ex is on offer?

I'd bite, no problem, but it has never happened.:o I think at least 3 dates is reasonable, since dinner at home is formulaic and generally implies at least making out :o, and I'm way too grumpy and aloof to elicit panty creaming earlier than that :laugh:. I'm sure others do better than that. But more than 3 dates, and even my generally timid gf admitted to have started questioning if I'm not gay or a "nice guy". So I basically caught the last train at date 6, plus I had to deploy all the mad skillz up my sleeve to prove otherwise :o.