I Can't Believe Match.com Has Given Me This Guy As A Match...

jw90063

I just had to post about this. So, I don't know how many times I've used dating sites over the years. Most of the ones I do use, I don't go to the extent of paying. Unfortunately, Match.com requires money to even view a message someone sends you. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'll get to the point. I reactivated my profile on Match.com for some crazy reason. I just received an email confirmation showing my "new matches". I think its funny how they supposedly claim a person is a match for you, but I clearly see most of them are not. I saw this one particular in profile. You would not believe the way this guy looks. He must be insanely picky, because how in the heck is he single. He is so good looking, he almost looks FAKE. I admit he is hot as heck, but no way would I even converse with a person like this.

(URL to Private Profile Removed by Moderator)

So, I am told he is a match for me. What a joke is that. I'm not saying I'm not good enough or attractive, but my god. The worst part is just reading over some of what he has to say, you start thinking "what if he really is a sincerely nice guy?". Yeah, right. :lmao:

So, how many girls receive matches that seem like complete BULL? Do you ever get matches that truly seem like matches? Seriously, online dating can be so disappointing. :)

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

I have a friend who got signed up for Eharmony for free so she tried it, her matches so far are insanely incompatible with her, it's a riot to see who they keep trying to match her with.

Im pretty sure its a fake profile, mostly because theres only one picture.

You know whats hilarious, someone took a picture OF a picture to put up here.

kiss_andmakeup

I was thinking this too. Really, in this day and age you don't have a digital photo? Or a scanner at your disposal somewhere?

Maybe this guy is actually 50, balding, and fat, and this picture is from his high school yearbook.

I was thinking this too. Really, in this day and age you don't have a digital photo? Or a scanner at your disposal somewhere?

Maybe this guy is actually 50, balding, and fat, and this picture is from his high school yearbook.

Id be willing to wager that this picture is his friend, and he said "Oh I have something to show you" then went over there, took the pic of his friends high school pic on the sneak, then said "you know what, never mind..." and bolted out the door. Right now, Chris Reeves Jr is cuddling with his gf right now, not knowing that his pic is being used to lure women online. What a shame.

• Author

Nah, he has more than one pic. That is the benefit of signing up. You can view more than ONE pic. :lmao:

I don't know if he's fake or not, but I've never seen someone so good looking on a dating site or as one of my matches.

kiss_andmakeup
Id be willing to wager that this picture is his friend, and he said "Oh I have something to show you" then went over there, took the pic of his friends high school pic on the sneak, then said "you know what, never mind..." and bolted out the door. Right now, Chris Reeves Jr is cuddling with his gf right now, not knowing that his pic is being used to lure women online. What a shame.

Hahahaha. I wonder if people who do that stuff actually end up meeting people in real life. And then how do they explain the difference in appearance?

I don't think the profile is fake because there are so many grammatical and spelling errors in the write-up.

Actually, to me, he seems pretty boring. There is nothing there that sparks my fancy, but I've been known to be a bit odd.

I don't think the profile is fake because there are so many grammatical and spelling errors in the write-up.

Actually, to me, he seems pretty boring. There is nothing there that sparks my fancy, but I've been known to be a bit odd.

I read most of it as well

I was left thinking boring and not especially intelligent.

But most people are

• Author

Well one of his other pics consist of him wearing his football jersey with two women surrounding him.

Well one of his other pics consist of him wearing his football jersey with two women surrounding him.

LOL

I didnt see that

But the casual throwing out there that he had played football on national tv made me giggle.

• Author
I read most of it as well

I was left thinking boring and not especially intelligent.

But most people are

Are you saying most people are not intelligent and are boring? No offense, but you are the one that didn't seem to understand this thread.:)

To sum it up: Match.com sent me matches, and he was one of them. Totally not my type in the least, and I was shocked with how attractive he was. My complaint is receiving Matches who are not good matches for me at all.

What exactly is the problem?

I've always felt like match or e-harmony are for people over a "certain age".... Meaning- you have hit the second hill in life where looks have faded to the point where common interests take precedence over physical attraction.

I actually don't enjoy men that have the same interests as myself- I enjoy opposite's. No common interest is going to trump a wheel chair or a hair lip- sorry.:eek:

This guy seems alright in his pic. If he has more pics verifying that it is probably him...what is your issue exactly?

• Author
What exactly is the problem?

I've always felt like match or e-harmony are for people over a "certain age".... Meaning- you have hit the second hill in life where looks have faded to the point where common interests take precedence over physical attraction.

I actually don't enjoy men that have the same interests as myself- I enjoy opposite's. No common interest is going to trump a wheel chair or a hair lip- sorry.:eek:

This guy seems alright in his pic. If he has more pics verifying that it is probably him...what is your issue exactly?

I'm sorry, but I'm not explaining this thread again. Take care

You wrote

"I saw this one particular in profile. You would not believe the way this guy looks. He must be insanely picky, because how in the heck is he single. He is so good looking, he almost looks FAKE. I admit he is hot as heck, but no way would I even converse with a person like this.

So, I am told he is a match for me. What a joke is that. I'm not saying I'm not good enough or attractive, but my god. The worst part is just reading over some of what he has to say, you start thinking "what if he really is a sincerely nice guy?". Yeah, right. :lmao:"

Your objection seemed to be too hot, and couldnt possibly be sincere. Also that if he wasnt attached there must be because hes too picky, which I interpretred as wouldnt go for you.

There was nothing specific in your post to make your case. As in Im not into musicians, or jocks or anything really that one could point to and say match ignored your criteria

"

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
thegreatmoose
Are you saying most people are not intelligent and are boring? No offense, but you are the one that didn't seem to understand this thread.:)

To sum it up: Match.com sent me matches, and he was one of them. Totally not my type in the least, and I was shocked with how attractive he was. My complaint is receiving Matches who are not good matches for me at all.

The computer picks matches with the limited information you given them. I doubt it even uses the words in your more detailed answers to the questions, so it doesn't have a lot to go on. Most of them are not very good matches whether you are male or female. I move on to the next woman when I determine that a match is wrong for me.

Edited by thegreatmoose
The computer picks matches with the limited information you given them. I doubt it even uses the words in your more detailed answers to the questions, so it doesn't have a lot to go on. Most of them are not very good matches whether you are male or female. I move on to the next woman when I determine that a match is wrong for me.

It just uses those multiple choice questions I'm sure. I bet the algorithm looks something like, pick people who have the same answers to x% of the questions (or x% of the things they say they want from a mate are selected by the potential). Then they just lower x as they need more matches for you.

thegreatmoose
It just uses those multiple choice questions I'm sure. I bet the algorithm looks something like, pick people who have the same answers to x% of the questions (or x% of the things they say they want from a mate are selected by the potential). Then they just lower x as they need more matches for you.

That's almost certainly what it tooks like. It can't take into account the words in the descriptions and of course there's no way to match the pictures. Maybe in another 10 years.

I don't understand the getting bent out of shape over the poor matches. Everyone gets them. However, but once in awhile one of them might be really good.

• Author

I figured the computer mainly did the job, but its still a let down. It would be nice to get real matches for once. I think E-Harmony actually tends to be the worse. I found myself very surprised by matches on there. Especially since they claim to be different from other sites.

thegreatmoose
I figured the computer mainly did the job, but its still a let down. It would be nice to get real matches for once. I think E-Harmony actually tends to be the worse. I found myself very surprised by matches on there. Especially since they claim to be different from other sites.

I pick the characteristics I prefer and do my own searches. The algorithm still does not match what a human can do because we can read profiles and look at pictures.

LOL yeah I'm with boogie and kiss thinking fake as well. Way too much carefully constructed bland appeal.

Or the guy is lying so much it has little connection to his real personality.