Would you date a guy who lives with his parents

virgin

Midnight Rider

People have their reasons for living with folks or family. Personal choice. I don't see what this has to do with considering to date a person, whether it be man or woman. Unfortunately, because women are so picky about things like this, a man's age, does he have a job, what is his income, where does he live, etc. this is why some guys end up lying about things. They want to be with you, but realize you are too hard on them.

Depends on his age, his income, his reasons for living with them, and how much I liked him.

If he's in his 30's, has a good income, and his parents are in ill health or disabled, then I can understand it and would date him. If he's in his 30's. has a decent income and his parents are fine, then I wouldn't be so understanding. If he's in his 30's and his parents are fine, but his income is in the high teens because he is a "paid volunteer" at a group home for schizophrenics out of love for humankind, then I can understand that.

People have their reasons for living with folks or family. Personal choice. I don't see what this has to do with considering to date a person, whether it be man or woman. Unfortunately, because women are so picky about things like this, a man's age, does he have a job, what is his income, where does he live, etc. this is why some guys end up lying about things. They want to be with you, but realize you are too hard on them.

Heaven forbid we want a guy who has a job, want him to live near by, want him to be in an age rage..

Sorry dude, but a girl's preferences, and wanting some basic things out of a guy (like a job :rolleyes:) is not a valid reason for lying.

Living with your parents at 38 because you are lonely is not a good reason. Get a roommate. Get out, make friends. Quit with the excuses. Get a dog.

I know women hate that. What if someone does not like to live alone?

In your case, your parents live with you. YOU own the house.

Heaven forbid we want a guy who has a job, want him to live near by, want him to be in an age rage..

Sorry dude, but a girl's preferences, and wanting some basic things out of a guy (like a job :rolleyes:) is not a valid reason for lying.

Living with your parents at 38 because you are lonely is not a good reason. Get a roommate. Get out, make friends. Quit with the excuses. Get a dog.

(1) It's his house

(2) If he were female, and lived with his parents to save money, you would say that's smart, and still hold that against a guy if he did that.

If he lives with his parents because he cant work because of a disorder, then you will have a hard time finding a woman who will be understnding about that. Women want a provider, or at least a contributor. If you tell a woman that youre not man enough to live on your own, well then youre SOL.

If he lives with his parents because he cant work because of a disorder, then you will have a hard time finding a woman who will be understnding about that. Women want a provider, or at least a contributor. If you tell a woman that youre not man enough to live on your own, well then youre SOL.

Yet if the roles were reversed, he'd be a "pig" for not dating a woman for that reason. So we have our 100th double standard against men, and there's still only one double standard about women.

(1) It's his house

(2) If he were female, and lived with his parents to save money, you would say that's smart, and still hold that against a guy if he did that.

Just because you speak for your buddy or whatever, doesn't mean you speak for me. Living with someone out of loneliness is not cool or attractive. Male or female. Quit assuming for me, since you don't know me. Quit generalizing.

Midnight Rider

If you see a guy you like, does he have to have a job in order for you to go for a coffee with him? How many guys do you see complaining about whether or not a girl they like is employed or lives with her parents? Women nowadays seem to want to be treated as equals, so try to be fair.

Yet if the roles were reversed, he'd be a "pig" for not dating a woman for that reason. So we have our 100th double standard against men, and there's still only one double standard about women.

You are the one creating the double standards :laugh:

Just because you speak for your buddy or whatever, doesn't mean you speak for me. Living with someone out of loneliness is not cool or attractive. Male or female. Quit assuming for me, since you don't know me. Quit generalizing.

It's HIS house. There are TONS of women that have their parents live with them, and you're a pig if you hold that against them... Why the double standard?

If you see a guy you like, does he have to have a job in order for you to go for a coffee with him? How many guys do you see complaining about whether or not a girl they like is employed or lives with her parents? Women nowadays seem to want to be treated as equals, so try to be fair.

It's one of the many doublestandards out there against men... Where I live, it's not just being employed, but how high status you are....

Unemployed women date a lot, in fact more, because many of them do it for free meals. An unemployed guy = loser, not worthy of him buying you coffee unless he recently got out of jail or has cool tattoos.

I don't find a guy who is jobless and can't provide for himself attractive. If he's laid off and looking for work, that's a different story. But I wouldn't get serious with a guy who is jobless, nor would I expect a guy to be serious with me if I was jobless and unable to provide for myself.

H***, I was turned down by guys when I was living with my mom to help her out when she was sick. Although ... having a sick parent is a different story. I would not live with my parents because I'm lonely.

I don't find a guy who is jobless and can't provide for himself attractive. If he's laid off and looking for work, that's a different story. But I wouldn't get serious with a guy who is jobless, nor would I expect a guy to be serious with me if I was jobless and unable to provide for myself.

H***, I was turned down by guys when I was living with my mom to help her out when she was sick. Although ... having a sick parent is a different story. I would not live with my parents because I'm lonely.

There's a difference between being turned down and dumped for reasons, even if that happened, and I've never known a guy who cares about where a woman lives. i've dated women that have lived with their parents before and I didn't care.

I've been dumped because my mom got hospitalized and I got upset and wasn't a "man" for helping that chick with whatever her current dilemma was becaues I was worried about my mom's life.

• Author

So we conclude from this thread that a 30 something guy (even if they own the house, is financially ok, etc.) and chooses to live with his parents is a derogatory trait for dating.

I've had women lose interest in me because I got sad after my best friend died at the age of 29. Apparently I was supposed to have no problem with it and was supposed to be there completely for whatever was bothering her, like she didn't get the promotion she wanted. Apparently I wasn't manly enough for her becaues my best friend dying was upsetting to me.

It's HIS house. There are TONS of women that have their parents live with them, and you're a pig if you hold that against them... Why the double standard?

Having your parents come live with you because you are lonely? No better. Male or female.

It's one of the many doublestandards out there against men... Where I live, it's not just being employed, but how high status you are....

Unemployed women date a lot, in fact more, because many of them do it for free meals. An unemployed guy = loser, not worthy of him buying you coffee unless he recently got out of jail or has cool tattoos.

Oh yes, gee!

Your points are worthless when you're coming up with crap out of thin air.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
So we conclude from this thread that a 30 something guy (even if they own the house, is financially ok, etc.) and chooses to live with his parents is a derogatory trait for dating.

Pretty much, and also, if you held those reasons against a woman for dating her, then you are a "pig". it's YOUR freaking house.

Ummm what part of it when I said men OR women did you not understand? And having your parents come live with you because you are lonely? No better. Male or female.

Oh yes, gee, I love a guy who just got out of jail :rolleyes:

Your points are worthless when you're coming up with crap out of thin air.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/35753/women_can_really_be_weird.html?cat=9

My friend tells women all the time he has just gotten out of jail, and they go home with him... When he tells them he works in pharmaceutical research, he doesn't seem to do as well.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/35753/women_can_really_be_weird.html?cat=9

My friend tells women all the time he has just gotten out of jail, and they go home with him... When he tells them he works in pharmaceutical research, he doesn't seem to do as well.

You're friend obviously likes to attract a certain type of girl. Just because your friend gets these types of girls doesn't mean all girls are like that. What don't you understand about generalizations?

Midnight Rider

So is a guy required to submit to an interview with you before you will let him buy you a coffee?

So is a guy required to submit to an interview with you before you will let him buy you a coffee?

Dating, at least where I live, is exactly like a job interview. They say that women love talking about themselves, but where i am it's basically "so betamanlet, sell yourself"... They don't talk, it's you trying to show off your status and whatnot, stuff I have no interest in, hence obviously I don't date very well. And that's pretty much the only kind of people who live here becuase that's what this area attracts, people that are attracted to money, status, and power, as this is the nation's capital.

But yes, dates are like job interviews. EVerything and anything will be held against you, it encourages lying and spinning (something I will take no part it). The entire process is just very dishonest..

• Author
Dating, at least where I live, is exactly like a job interview. They say that women love talking about themselves, but where i am it's basically "so betamanlet, sell yourself"... They don't talk, it's you trying to show off your status and whatnot, stuff I have no interest in, hence obviously I don't date very well. And that's pretty much the only kind of people who live here becuase that's what this area attracts, people that are attracted to money, status, and power, as this is the nation's capital.

But yes, dates are like job interviews. EVerything and anything will be held against you, it encourages lying and spinning (something I will take no part it). The entire process is just very dishonest..

Sounds more like a police interrogation, and you don't even have an attorney present to tell you what not to answer :confused: