Text after a first date

teamzissou00

If a girl texts you after a first date to thank you for dinner, is that usually a sign of further interest? Or do most polite girls do that regardless, even if they don't see it going anywhere?

It definitely isn't a bad sign in my opinion... but I wouldn't read too much in it one way or the other. She is probably a nice and polite girl and she likely had a good time and just wanted to thank you.

It's better than bad. I normally text the girl like 30 minutes to 1 hour later to thank them and they seem to really appreciate it. If anything that is a good sign =)

• Author

I never seem to know what to do after the first date. I feel like the date usually goes really well and they're interested in me, but then I leave it alone for awhile. I don't want to seem over-interested or clingy, so I'm afraid to text or call in the days after, unless its to set up another date. I think I might come off as disinterested because of that, it's hard to find a balance.

Any advice on how much post-date contact you should make with the girl (ie. texting and calling just to talk) before you actually ask for another date?

I never seem to know what to do after the first date. I feel like the date usually goes really well and they're interested in me, but then I leave it alone for awhile. I don't want to seem over-interested or clingy, so I'm afraid to text or call in the days after, unless its to set up another date. I think I might come off as disinterested because of that, it's hard to find a balance.

Any advice on how much post-date contact you should make with the girl (ie. texting and calling just to talk) before you actually ask for another date?

:confused:

How long are you waiting before asking a girl you're interested in on a second date?

If you enjoyed the date/company it's perfectly acceptable to ask her out again at the end of the first date (I had a great time, want to do Activity X on Date Y at Time Z?).

OR

Send her a text THAT NIGHT or the following day AT THE LATEST saying you had a good time and thanking her again for the date.

Within the next 3-ish days (waiting close to a week or longer is just too long) you should call her to ask her out again.

Just general rules of thumb.

I personally don't think that you should be calling a girl you've only gone on one or maybe two dates with just to chat.

OMG. Yes, yes, yes. In my case, this means that I want you to ask me out again.

If a girl was polite but not interested, she'd be more likely to thank you upon leaving from the date but wouldn't text you after.

I think that its a good sign, as long as its just a short sweet and to the point message. otherwise they are giving a clingy impression and thats a bad start IMO.

Oh, I guess if it was a really fancy dinner or you did something especially creative/thoughtful, she might text to thank you out of politeness alone, but it isn't especially likely.

My point is if a girl thanks you via text, you should ask her out again for sure. Be definitive, not hesitant. Say "would you like to do ______ on ______ or whenever you're free next week?"

Here's the problem with the "game"... theres too much thought behind it. You may be trying to do one thing but give off the signal of another thing. If you really enjoy the date, then just tell you you had a good time and you'd like to see her again. Don't go overboard and confess your deep rooted love, but just be real with her.

I think that if I took a girl out and didn't hear from her for days that would DEFINITELY mean she wasn't into me (or at least that's how I'd perceive it). Just ask yourself how you would feel if you were the girl...

I think with alot of that stuff, you have to go with your instincts. I'm a girl. For the most part, I usually wait for the guy to call/text me for the first few dates. This is because I don't want to come off needy/clingy as you said. But there was one particular date that went very well, and I felt so into him, that I just had this feeling that it would be right and even necessary for me to just give him a 'thank you for tonight, i had a great time, good luck with your studying tomorrow' text just 30 minutes after the date. The difference is that I did it not because I was desparate/needy, but because I genuinely had a good time and wanted to let him know I wish him luck on his studying. Somehow, he sensed that in his text and he was so appreciative of it. I think as long as you do it out of interest/care and not out of desperation, it's a beautiful thing.