Boyfriend meeting my parents

KS882

I've read some threads on here and have realised I should probably be worrying about meeting my boyfriends parents not about him meeting mine. But anyway.

My boyfriend has been hinting for a while about spending an evening at mine and cooking dinner together or something. He's been working funny hours and usually I've been at his (he lives on his own) or we've gone out somewhere to do something. There hasn't been much chance for him to come round here. He did come round about a month ago. My parents were excited about meeting him, I was extremely nervous. So he came round, we spent about a hour talking to my parents, drank some tea then we went out and he had to go to work after. My parents obviously liked him and over did it a bit just before he left telling him he has to come again soon, not to be a stranger etc etc haha. Got nervous thinking they'd over done it a bit but he said he'd enjoyed coming round to meet my parents and he's been eager to come again.

So he's said about coming round tomorrow evening before he goes to work. And he'll be here a lot longer this time. And this makes me nervous! But I'm not sure why. My parents liked him a lot when he came round last time, they talk about him all the time and ask how he is. But I feel like something's going to go wrong.

He's moved to where I live for his job and his family live about 10 hours away so I haven't been able to meet them. I met his brother a couple of weeks ago which was brilliant. He'd been nervous about that but there was nothing for him to be nervous about, we got along really well. And next month his parents are coming to stay and he's said we should all go out for dinner together. He's spoken to his mum on the phone while I've been with him and I've heard her asking about me, telling him to give me her love and things :) Which is really sweet. I'm very excited about meeting them, they seem lovely. But I can't help thinking something's going to go horribly wrong when he spends the evening here tomorrow and spends more time with my parents.

I'm being ridiculous, I do know this. And I know tomorrow will probably be a lot better than I think. But that thought isn't really helping much at the moment. I'm definately far too negative about things.

Am I being normal or way too ridiculous about this? Tips for making things run smoothly?

you have nothing to be nervous over, your parents love him just tell youself there is nothing to be nervous over. be yourself and have fun and if you kno that your boyfriend is a great person then you really have nothing to be nervous over just try to stay calm and think positive:)

SincereOnlineGuy

Geez, I cannot find a single hint in your entire post that suggests anything beyond sincerity and comfort on all sides other than your own. (humorous tone)

The parents going overboard is even a bit endearing (POSSibly except to you, during those seconds that seem like eternity).

Just take a deep breath and then tackle some project around your home or your life that needs your attention more than these non-concerns. (I say that for your own good)