Co-Worker Crush

Jersey_Mike

I've had a crush on a female co-worker for over a year. During this time, she was in a serious relationship. She's been single for the past 4 months and has gone on several dates with different guys. We both work in separate departments and therefore don't see each other much during the work day. A couple times a month her and I will go to lunch together. We also occasionally chat online during work hours as well. I've always felt a connection between us. I've overheard her in conversation tell others that she doesn't date co-workers. Over a holiday weekend this summer, she unexpectantly invited me to go out of town with her family. Even though we slept in the same bed, nothing happened. We both had a great time and I was hoping things between us would grow. With the exception of attending church together, we do not communicate or hang out. In the past two weeks, I've given her subtle hints that I'm interested in dating. I sent her a text this weekend asking her to dinner. She never responded. I was planning on telling her at dinner how I feel about her. Of course now I'm scared to and think she has no interest in me. Looking forward to your thoughts.

If you sit on it too long, you will lose your chance, which I believe you already have in this case. You should have tried something on that vacation.

• Author

We never had any alone time the entire weekend, was always with her family. Shared a bedroom with her sister and friend at night. I didn't feel comfortable making a move then. You might be right, I may have missed my chance with her.

Lakeside_runner

Organize something, do something fun and casually ask her to join you... Now this is just an example but do something like 'apple-picking' or an art-show, whatever you could have fun at and spend some time with her ALONE.