LAdies how many of you look for status points when choosing a mate??

AD1980

Some women have told me women are in cosntant competiton with each other and not only pick guys on what they look like make etc but do it to try to one up or impress people in their social circle to show status

Said she went out with a guy who was really sweet but he was only decent looking and didnt make much money so it made her feel bad about herself and her status so she dumped him..

Are most women like this or just the very young shallow bimbos??

Untouchable_Fire
Some women have told me women are in cosntant competiton with each other and not only pick guys on what they look like make etc but do it to try to one up or impress people in their social circle to show status

Said she went out with a guy who was really sweet but he was only decent looking and didnt make much money so it made her feel bad about herself and her status so she dumped him..

Most women are like this... just to varying degrees.

To balance that though... most would also dump Bill Gates if they were'nt feeling it. So, it's hard to quantify.

IME, such a dynamic knows no age group. It's just as present in my age group (50's) as it was when I was 20-30. The key is one doesn't have to socialize within those social groups. It's a big world and there's a whole bunch of people who believe in a different path of fulfillment. Seek them out :)

it depends on how many choices she has. Normally, females do not have real choices because a man is one who really makes his choices.

A female can choose only from the men who have already chosen her at some point in time. That is not so much freedom as you think. Truthfully, it is very little freedom of choice. And, by the way, no girl will tell you that truth because we do not want you to know that and we want you to believe in stuff which makes us feel cool.

Girls like to be with a powerful man. They like a man with a strong status. It's kind of disgusting. It's not love in my opinion. So many couples these days are so superficial.
Here's the key.... and it takes looking in the mirror. Why do those people impact your life in any meaningful way? Why do they matter? Think about that, carefully. The answers lie within yourself.

people tend to get more materialistic as they get older. this is mainly cause many younger people don't have that much money.

on a personal observatioin i see a lot more good looking women driving around in high-end cars (mercedes, lexus, BMW, etc) than in regular cars.

I wouldn't call my 18 year old cousin a shallow bimbo but her current bf ticks all the boxes of looking for status. Good looking, bad boy personality, cockiness that makes me wants to beat him up, done up car, etc.

I'd like to think they'll grow out of it. On the other end is my 29 year old cousin who married a guy who's actually quite geeky and introverted but is a great guy to hang out with.

• Author
And, by the way, no girl will tell you that truth because we do not want you to know that and we want you to believe in stuff which makes us feel cool.

huh???????

Translation: The woman wants you to believe her p*ssy is gold so you will be oblivious to the truth that she can only choose from amongst those men who choose her. This validation, even if an illusion, feeds her ego.

Most women are like this, but there will be a flood of women in this post who will tell you otherwise. I would advise you not to listen to them.

IME, such a dynamic knows no age group. It's just as present in my age group (50's) as it was when I was 20-30. The key is one doesn't have to socialize within those social groups. It's a big world and there's a whole bunch of people who believe in a different path of fulfillment. Seek them out :)

Thankyou Carhill, you're like a little ray of sunshine on this forum.

Do women select men according to their "status"? Yes, absolutely. The same goes for men. In many cases, this evaluation takes place on a subconscious level. You have to understand that human sexual behavior is genetically hardwired. Your genes are telling you to pick the best possible mate in order to ensure that your offspring has an evolutionary advantage over others.

People do not judge their potential mates according to some absolute criteria. Instead, they compare them to what else is available. For example, everyone knows that women generally prefer taller guys. So a guy who is, say, 5'3, would probably have a much harder time getting dates than someone who is 6'3, all else being equal. However, if all guys taller than 5'3 vanished off the face of the earth, the 5'3 dude would all of a sudden become very datable. Likewise, if the hot girls disappeared, the average ones would become much more desirable.

Most women are like this... just to varying degrees.

To balance that though... most would also dump Bill Gates if they were'nt feeling it. So, it's hard to quantify.

I'd dump Bill Gates too if I was his wife. Can you say 50% of $50 billion?? :D

Women date guys who are at least on their level. Pay scale or potential for more, then theres the looks and such. They find these guys out of their choices. Even the women who are on this forum who say they have trouble dating arent settling with the guys that make less than them. Very few go with the ambition angle, but really, I dont considerate it shallow, who wants to struggle?

Untouchable_Fire
I'd dump Bill Gates too if I was his wife. Can you say 50% of $50 billion?? :D

They really need to reform divorce laws.

Lucky for Bill, he already donated all his money to charity. :laugh:

Even the women who are on this forum who say they have trouble dating arent settling with the guys that make less than them. Very few go with the ambition angle, but really, I dont considerate it shallow, who wants to struggle?
Does a man with ambition automatically have success? Does a man without it automatically not? Interesting dynamic. Who decides who is ambitious and who is successful. In our current latter Roman empire culture, money is the abacus of success. But, is it, really?

What about the successful criminal? Women love those boys in stripes and chains. That's status of a totally different kind. How does that fit in? :)

LOL, can you say pre-nup?

Fair enough....but even if it's something like 5%...or heck, even .5%....I'd say it's still pretty respectable :p

Does a man with ambition automatically have success? Does a man without it automatically not? Interesting dynamic. Who decides who is ambitious and who is successful. In our current latter Roman empire culture, money is the abacus of success. But, is it, really?

What about the successful criminal? Women love those boys in stripes and chains. That's status of a totally different kind. How does that fit in? :)

You know the deal Carhill, maybe a guy who is in the middle of getting his graduate degree...or starting up his own business...stuff like that. It goes along with the potential angle, or how well he can sell himself :cool:

Fair enough....but even if it's something like 5%...or heck, even .5%....I'd say it's still pretty respectable :p

IIRC, Melinda is pretty wealthy in her own right. Great family match, both of money and value systems.

You know the deal Carhill, maybe a guy who is in the middle of getting his graduate degree...or starting up his own business...stuff like that. It goes along with the potential angle, or how well he can sell himself

With the ladies, emphasis on 'sell'. Can't argue with that success. It is an undeniable reality. Creativity and hard work and even that abacus are not enough if your horn is out of tune...

Creativity and hard work and even that abacus are not enough if your horn is out of tune...

Haha, no doubt, and one of the valves on my horn is stuck....

huh???????

That is how we advertise ourselves. Do you think that we are stupied enough to tell you that we are lonely, needy and desperate?

We have to advertise how valuable and desirable we are to make you want us.

I am not that bad.. but my best friend is.. the guy has to have a certain status.. expensive car, clothes, etc.. it's very important to her..

I am not that bad.. but I will not date a guy who has an old rusty car.. and who cannot dress properly... there is a minimum... but I am not as fussy as she is..

So status.. is important to a certain degree I guess... ;)