Im scared to date again.

justwantlove

My history- When i was 13 i met my (2) kids father we were together till i was 22. He was very controlling and abusive and i stuck around because i thought love and god would get us through the ruff parts and he could be better.

My next relationship was beautiful until his wife, wich he was separated, burt back into the picture. Im now stuck in between single and being an OW.

I know that now isnt the time for me to date, but im scared for when it comes.

Im a very dedicated, loyal, person when im in a relationship and ive only been with the two men. I dont want to sleep around or jump from boyfriend to boyfriend. I want to get married and what man wants a girl thats been with her share of guys.

Some of my friends think i need to go out and have a one night stand or just date around to get the experience.

I dont really know when people are hitting on me. I sure dont know how to make a move on someone.

Its just scary the thought of trying to find someone to love. Especially because im very trusting of people and i let people in easily. I dont want to be taken advantage of or played for a fool. It would be easy to hoodwink me cause i dont know any better.

Is my line of thinking totaly crazy??

My history- When i was 13 i met my (2) kids father we were together till i was 22. He was very controlling and abusive and i stuck around because i thought love and god would get us through the ruff parts and he could be better.

My next relationship was beautiful until his wife, wich he was separated, burt back into the picture. Im now stuck in between single and being an OW.

I know that now isnt the time for me to date, but im scared for when it comes.

Im a very dedicated, loyal, person when im in a relationship and ive only been with the two men. I dont want to sleep around or jump from boyfriend to boyfriend. I want to get married and what man wants a girl thats been with her share of guys.

Some of my friends think i need to go out and have a one night stand or just date around to get the experience.

I dont really know when people are hitting on me. I sure dont know how to make a move on someone.

Its just scary the thought of trying to find someone to love. Especially because im very trusting of people and i let people in easily. I dont want to be taken advantage of or played for a fool. It would be easy to hoodwink me cause i dont know any better.

Is my line of thinking totaly crazy??

No it's not crazy. It just sounds like you are not very experienced with men and perhaps a bit naive in general. I'm not sure what to advise you....but I do agree that you need to start dating more. Just don't allow to get yourself dragged into another abusive relationship. As you already know, love and god will not turn an @sshole into a decent guy.

Edited by Johnny M
SoulSearch_CO

I disagree to the ONS suggestion - I don't understand how that's going to help anything. But as for dating around - yes, I think that's a wonderful idea. But I think it would be a good idea for you to not get attached too soon to any one of them.

Or it could be possible that now is the time to just focus on and enjoy your singlehood. I learn a lot about myself when I'm single.