Is it THAT hard to find someone you're looking for?

leap83

So, I'm out in the dating scene again. Learned from previous mistakes never to ignore those red flags and to change some of my behaviour. And I run into the same problem yet AGAIN. Now, this may seem very superficial, but all of the men that I have been talking with for the past couple of days look WAAAAAY younger than what they say they are. Now, I'm not talking look youthful/younger by 2,3 years... I mean look younger like he's 26 but he looks like he's 14. :rolleyes: Some of you might say that physical looks are not important but for me, I don't seem to sense ANY chemistry with dating a man that looks THAT young. It's like dating a 14 year old... And this seems to be the case in all of the men I've talked with. So how do you reject someone for looking way too young? :confused: Yes. I sound superficial but ultimately, you know that physical looks are also important to an extent. Is it really that hard to find a decent man who looks his age/2-3 yrs younger/ OR a bit older?! :confused: How important is the physical appearance to you (both men and women can answer this)?

• Author

I'm 22. I look my age and now a bit older since I've cut my hair and dyed it. I don't find men who look 14 attractive at all. It doesn't matter if he possesses the intelligence of the world. I don't need him to look good. I need him to look a bit more mature and older than me.

I'm sure Demi Moore would disagree with me. Haha. But everyone has their preferences.

I don't think that it's necessarily physical *appearance* that is important, but ATTRACTION that is important.

I have come to be very attracted to guys who were not my "type" because of their personality or the way we got on with each other.

When I was 27, I had a HUGE gigantic crush on a 20 year old. In retrospect, I don't know what I saw in him. Yes, he was adorable, but so young looking. However, we got along like two peas in a pod. Just had chemistry. Funny enough, he's now dating a 32-year-old!

• Author

No. A guy who is between 24 - 28, who doesn't look 14... lol...

No I don't fancy older men (over 29). I just want a man who doesn't look like a kid. If you catch my drift.... lol...

So, I'm out in the dating scene again. Learned from previous mistakes never to ignore those red flags and to change some of my behaviour. And I run into the same problem yet AGAIN. Now, this may seem very superficial, but all of the men that I have been talking with for the past couple of days look WAAAAAY younger than what they say they are. Now, I'm not talking look youthful/younger by 2,3 years... I mean look younger like he's 26 but he looks like he's 14. :rolleyes: Some of you might say that physical looks are not important but for me, I don't seem to sense ANY chemistry with dating a man that looks THAT young. It's like dating a 14 year old... And this seems to be the case in all of the men I've talked with. So how do you reject someone for looking way too young? :confused: Yes. I sound superficial but ultimately, you know that physical looks are also important to an extent. Is it really that hard to find a decent man who looks his age/2-3 yrs younger/ OR a bit older?! :confused: How important is the physical appearance to you (both men and women can answer this)?

I don't think it's superficial. I'm not super-skinny, so I don't want to date super skinny guys. Standing next to a skinny guy would make me look FATTER. Not to mention what happend in bed if you aren't too many pounds from each other... not fun. ewwwww. So, not only will dating guys that look 14 make you look like a pedophile...it will make you look OLDER...not that you think that matters YET ;)