No more hook ups?

acarls20

Ok, so I've been friends with benefits with this guy I'm seeing. I'm finally okay with it. I realized we'd be friends even if we stop screwing. Which is awesome!

But here's the problem. A week ago, we hooked up. After a few hours, I tried to get us going again. But he could just not do it. He said he was tired...

Which I didn't mind. But tonight I came over. We hung out together for a few hours. I asked him if he's up for anything.. He said he's too tired again. And I was like are you too tired now or forever? He just got frustrated and said I don't know. I don't think about it ask me again when I'm more sober. (We were drinking). I told him I don't care if we are hooking up anymore. I'm glad we're friends. He said he's glad we're friends too. And he joked and said that he's just such a cock tease to lighten the mood. He then continued to make plans to go do bowling with me next week. WHAT a weirdo. LOL.

I have no idea what the hell he is thinking. Anyone have insight?

Clueless? Although, maybe he possibly only wants to be friends now. Maybe he has a girlfriend now or possibly getting sex elsewhere as well. Perhaps he really was just tired. I dunno, I guess I really don't have any good advice. I just think it could be a variety of different reasons.

There are lots of reasons why he could have turned you down for sex. If you think he is a weirdo for not wanting to have sex with you, then why are you glad that you can stay friends even without screwing?

I am sure he DID get frustrated with you. I'd get frustrated with a person that I am not interested in as a romantic partner if they kept nagging me about my not wanting sex, especially if it was only the second time that I wasn't interested. If you want sex on command, then you may want to invest in a vibe, as people don't necessarily perform with an on/off switch.

There are lots of reasons why he could have turned you down for sex. If you think he is a weirdo for not wanting to have sex with you, then why are you glad that you can stay friends even without screwing?

I am sure he DID get frustrated with you. I'd get frustrated with a person that I am not interested in as a romantic partner if they kept nagging me about my not wanting sex, especially if it was only the second time that I wasn't interested. If you want sex on command, then you may want to invest in a vibe, as people don't necessarily perform with an on/off switch.

I think she's just trying to figure things out, not put pressure on the guy.

acarls20, as much as anyone here could guess maybe you should just talk to him during the daytime when you're both sober.

It could be any number of things. I remember this guy I was seeing. We had been through the can't keep my hands off you phase. One day I started initiating sex and he said, "it's not just about sex"

Haha poor sex-abused guy! But really he just wanted to focus more on the other parts of the relationship, deepen it emotionally and intellectually. It wasn't a rejection.

On the other hand, it could be that this guy wants more, just not with you. :(

I think that after a while, casual sex gets less appealing for some men.

Just some things to think about. Let us know how things go!

• Author

Yah, I'm not trying to pressure him at all. It has just been embarrassing when I ask and he says no. I'm going to leave him alone about it now.

The casual sex thing was his idea. I wanted a relationship. He said he doesn't want a relationship at all with anyone right now. I was cool with it and we became good friends. So I'll just wait and see it out. I guess.