OK to ask girl out to a dinner party the night before the party?

Baleedat

My friend and his fiancee are throwing a dinner party tomorrow at their home. They're encouraging all their friends to bring someone new. I've reconnected with an old friend recently and trying to get to know her a little better before asking her out. I invited her out to a couple parties I threw within the past couple months and she came to both...alone. We hit it off pretty good and there were definite buying signals that I noticed from her, ie...laughing a lot, touching my arm...etc. Also, she's been studying for the LSAT (which she took today) so I've been reluctant to call her to ask her out since I didn't want to distract her from her studies. I just don't know how I would come off to ask her to a dinner party the night before. We've been texting each other for the past couple of weeks. My plan is to ask her if she would like to accompany me to the party via text. I would pick her up, have a good time at the party, and tell her something like "I want to get to know you better and take you to dinner, just the two of us..." when I drop her off and walk her to the door. What do you guys think?

i think you should call her and ask her out to the party....texting is so impersonal and gives off the vibe that you don't want to talk with the recipient