Expressing yourself clearly and honestly

letinmotion

I posted recently about the girl I was seeing who got freaked out when things went a little too far and said she wasnt sure if she was ready for a relationship right now.

She said she wanted a couple days to herself then we could talk about things. No problems with this at all but if someone says they want space I give it to them and in return expect the same for myself.

The morning after our discussion about where we were headed as a couple I sent her a text just leaving her with a few words for her to think about. I told her I didn't really do the whole friends things with girls that I've seen etc. so if that's what this was getting at then she needed to know. It was a text and I feel somewhat Juvenile for sending it but I don't care.

She sent a response back and said thats fair but I think its odd. I basically said there was more to it than that and she replied again "so you've dated all your friends?"

I just told her we would talk wednesday and she proceeded to text me little things here and there but it was actually annoying me. I told her that she asked for space in the first place and needs to take it. Im not a game player and not going to chase after someone who wants to be chased no matter how much I like them.

Something horrible happened last night and I thought I might have had to leave for a couple days. I called her up and told her what was going on just so she knew that I may not be able to talk to her as planned and didnt want her to think she flaked.

We ended up texting a bit after the phone call which was stupid because I ended up making no sense in what I said, offended her and she totally called me out.

I have a lot of issues opening up and putting myself on the line with someone in fear that it might be too much. I dont ever want to come on to strong and I know the girl likes me but how do I go about explaining things while being honest, open and not reserved?

There's plenty that needs clarification wednesday--any tips on how to go about this? Im willing to wait as long as there some sort of talk about seeing each other people, etc. No need to give up on something that we mutually enjoy.

I just worry that my reserved feelings and stigma about relationships, attraction, etc. might get in the way of what I am trying to express.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.