Asking my teacher out? (adult student, just finished college)

kawaii_panda

kawaii_panda

I'm an adult student and I've just finished a course at a technical college. Basically I had a crush on a female teacher, who is about my age, and now that college is over I want to ask her out. But I'm not a student at the college any more, so do you think that a short note would be ok, posted to the college?

The note just honestly says I have a crush, do you want to meet for coffee, and if you don't want to it's nothing major, no problem.

Should I ring instead? If I just turned up at the college to see her, it would be too weird right? I mean, a letter would take the pressure off us both? If I call I'd mess up what I'd say. I'm not a student there any more, so there's no real chance of awkwardness if she's not up for it.

Basically, this girl is intelligent and beautiful, so should I just go for it? She was really kind and tried to help me at school :)

Nothing to lose right?

utterer of lies
I'm an adult student and I've just finished a course at a technical college. Basically I had a crush on a female teacher, who is about my age, and now that college is over I want to ask her out. But I'm not a student at the college any more, so do you think that a short note would be ok, posted to the college?

The note just honestly says I have a crush, do you want to meet for coffee, and if you don't want to it's nothing major, no problem.

Should I ring instead? If I just turned up at the college to see her, it would be too weird right? I mean, a letter would take the pressure off us both? If I call I'd mess up what I'd say. I'm not a student there any more, so there's no real chance of awkwardness if she's not up for it.

Basically, this girl is intelligent and beautiful, so should I just go for it? She was really kind and tried to help me at school :)

Nothing to lose right?

Don't tell her you have a crush on her. Seriously, very bad idea. Just ask her if she would like to go out for a coffee. In person. Don't be afraid of it getting awkward. Even if it does, so what? If she agrees it doesn't matter, and if she doesn't...well...then the problem is that she refused your invitation, and the rest doesn't really matter, either.

I mean, a letter would take the pressure off us both?

Uhm, no. Don't write anything. Letters are for cowards and they never turn out well.

Go there, chat a little and ask her if she'd like to grab some coffee after work or during lunch time or whatever. Simple, easy, straight to the point, and not awkward if you approach this in a relaxed manner.

That being said, she may very well say thanks but no thanks. So don't go there with high expectations.

Uhm, no. Don't write anything. Letters are for cowards and they never turn out well.

Go there, chat a little and ask her if she'd like to grab some coffee after work or during lunch time or whatever. Simple, easy, straight to the point, and not awkward if you approach this in a relaxed manner.

That being said, she may very well say thanks but no thanks. So don't go there with high expectations.

I learned the hard way, but writing = lame. You might as well start with 'I have no courage', which as Im sure you can see, isnt what women want. You're just going to have to suck it up and go for it. Worst case, she says no and you probably wont see her again anyway, but dont leave a note.

Has she given you any indication of mutual interest? Not that it matters, just curious.

Has she given ny indication that shes interested in you - flirting etc ??

Either way - go for it .. The worst she can say is no.....

Let us know what happens !!