Are these signs he is player and fading away on me ?

Nagini

For some reason, my friends and i have noticed a pattern that when a guy stops sending cute <3 and :* symbols and starts signing off or using the phrase 'take care' that its a bad sign...

ive been dating a guy and we keep in touch via phone and email because im away long distance until late september. (but still he's less than 3 hours drive)

we talked this weekend and he forgot that we saw each other last weekend ... he thought it was two weeks ago. that kind of irked me.

:(

then i told him i have a big interview tomorrow in his city, afternoon but wont have time to visit because ill be catching a train.

i also sent him a :* (ascii kiss)

he wrote back wow i sound busy busy and take care !

is he distancing himself ?

oh - and one other thing nagging at me... i took photos of us together on our last date

and also cute photos of his toy dogs (theyre rescues he got when they were abandoned.

he deleted the pics of his little puppies i posted to his facebook wall 2 days later and complained that he''s already metrosexual and that was just too much. i replied why does it make him seem gay for the cute FEMALE he is seeing to post them to his wall ? (he already has a huge album he uploaded months ago)

and then he asked me to delete the cute photos of us together off my facebook (he was NOT even tagged)

he said he thought he looked squinty and bad

(my friends all said he looked great and was being weird)

also he is casual asking me out each time.

asks if ill come visit him. and he keeps waiting 2-3 weeks to ask me out again each time.

also i noticed a drop off in affection the last two dates

he had been playful and touching my knee in the car/ when we were out eating and that stopped last two times.

he also seemed to be making little teasing complaints about what i was wearing and also my spray tan (complained about shirt i was wearing was low cut, that my tan looked kind of orangey)

when i called him baby he replied by saying my full first name (he knows i go by shortened version)

he is usually very good about filling in details about what he does every night when he is at home or with his brother.

but on saturday he got home at 12:30 am and replied he was tired and then signed off.

signs he is fading and or with someone else ?

I have no idea, but then I usually stay away from people that like to use cute, smiley symbols to express how they feel rather than just saying it.

For some reason, my friends and i have noticed a pattern that when a guy stops sending cute <3 and :* symbols and starts signing off or using the phrase 'take care' that its a bad sign...

ive been dating a guy and we keep in touch via phone and email because im away long distance until late september. (but still he's less than 3 hours drive)

we talked this weekend and he forgot that we saw each other last weekend ... he thought it was two weeks ago. that kind of irked me.

then i told him i have a big interview tomorrow in his city, afternoon but wont have time to visit because ill be catching a train.

oh - and one other thing nagging at me... i took photos of us together on our last date

and also cute photos of his toy dogs (theyre rescues he got when they were abandoned.

he deleted the pics of his little puppies i posted to his facebook wall 2 days later and complained that he''s already metrosexual and that was just too much. i replied why does it make him seem gay for the cute FEMALE he is seeing to post them to his wall ? (he already has a huge album he uploaded months ago)

and then he asked me to delete the cute photos of us together off my facebook (he was NOT even tagged)

asks if ill come visit him. and he keeps waiting 2-3 weeks to ask me out again each time.

he had been playful and touching my knee in the car/ when we were out eating and that stopped last two times.

he also seemed to be making little teasing complaints about what i was wearing and also my spray tan (complained about shirt i was wearing was low cut, that my tan looked kind of orangey)

when i called him baby he replied by saying my full first name (he knows i go by shortened version)

he is usually very good about filling in details about what he does every night when he is at home or with his brother.

but on saturday he got home at 12:30 am and replied he was tired and then signed off.

How long have you dated this person?

Yeah hes definitly backing off. But ride it out, now that you know, see what happens. Maybe even approach him about it.

BTW I would have deleted a post of dogs on my wall, no matter who sends them. Everyone else does look at that you know!

• Author
How long have you dated this person?

friends for over a year ( but i had a boyfriend)

and dating now since May

• Author
He's definely lost interest... and the phrase "Take care" is always a very bad sign imo.

Yeah. Very bad.

• Author
Yeah hes definitly backing off. But ride it out, now that you know, see what happens. Maybe even approach him about it.

BTW I would have deleted a post of dogs on my wall, no matter who sends them. Everyone else does look at that you know!

But the thing is that he posts mobile uploads of them a lot.

it strikes me more that he didnt want someone on his fb friends list to see that i had taken them and been at his house.

Hate to say it, but it sounds like you already know. I've received a few 'take care' emails and texts in my time dating and that is always the last I've heard from those guys.

Seems like he's either just moving on or not interested...its sucks but you're better to cut your loses now and be the backup for him any longer.

Confirm your signals. Ask him face to face if he's loosing interest. Don't beat around the bush.

taking care

"take care" is a very strong word.

i find myself highly sensitive towards it.

it hurts when u're hurled with such strong statement unprepared.

he told me to take care.

and take care, i will.hmm... your not the only one who feels that way. When someone tells me to 'take care', i always get the feeling as if its the end

yea ... and usualy it's the end

:eek:

IfWishesWereHorses

He doesn't want someone to know you've been together. At his house or otherwise. Is your FB page private? Is his? Sounds like your answer might be lurking on his FB page, I'm sorry to say.

I think we are overthinking the "take care." I often say that because I do want people to take care!!

However, everything else you mentioned sounds like he's met someone else.

It happens to the best of us.

• Author
He doesn't want someone to know you've been together. At his house or otherwise. Is your FB page private? Is his? Sounds like your answer might be lurking on his FB page, I'm sorry to say.

His FB page is totally private to anyone outside of his small friends list

in fact when i still had a bf, before we started dating he told me he didnt even add on the last girl he was dating between dec-april bcause he wanted to avoid drama

he really was crazy about her but she's definitely not on it ad she went back to her ex in late april he sad

he only has 37 people on his facebook. siblings, male co workers, very close friends, 4 ex gfs(2 r now married, one broke up with him and is listed as in a relationship w/ a mutual friend and looks very happy and one he broke up with last year) and me.

• Author

ahhh so now i feel he is both avoiding emailing me back directly and being cryptic.

he posted about 15 new tests and news articles on his wall tonight. he never does that.

but i noticed it pushed my last wall post out of view (not saying thats why he did it)

i then commented on some personality quiz privately. i included new info on it.

instead of replying to my email he copied what i sent him and posted it on the personality quiz on his wall and then he added some odd comment to it:

<<<

snip....

"When the ---- type is committed to a family with children, they will protect the hearth with faithfulness and bravery."...

The key word being "When!" >>>

He added the last line 'when' comment

huh ? this gets stranger........

• Author

o.k.

i should just leave him alone and let him do whatever. leave me alone or chase me, etc.

i emailed him how is he doing and he emailed back

"totally great !"

um. alrighty.. he knows im stressed and worried and exhausted right now.

so i guess he's off in his own little world.

something mustve happened this weekend and the drift is growing.

Yeah, I agree with the rest. It sounds like he's moving onto someone else or has already or trying to get it on with someone new. And the only reason I can think of why he would want you to delete untagged pics of him is that he's afraid someone might see them some day.

I'm sorry, I know it really sucks. But you deserve to be happy, and not worried about someone like him. Good luck!

sounds like a waste of your time and energy . it actually made me prettypissed the things he said and his actions

• Author
sounds like a waste of your time and energy . it actually made me prettypissed the things he said and his actions

thank you soul bear. (and the cutest member name ever btw)

I've told two of my friends and they're livid because in their eyes he has led me on..

He actually started to tell me how great we would be for one another and how he could see us married with kids while I was with my now ex boyfriend.

And I truly am stressed to the max right now. Even my exboyfriend sounds glum when he here's how stressed I am.

he says he would be happier if he knew Im not so stressed.

so the guy im dating is suddenly all light and breezy and distant.

no good and can only mean one thing.

• Author

help !

the plot thickens.........

so i emailed him that i need back my white satin stilettos that i left at his place 3 weeks ago.

he email be back that he doesnt know where they are and are they for a big date ?

1. why would he ask if theyre for a big date ?

2. He LIVES in a tiny little house that is very neat and tidy, so why would nt he know where my shoes are unless he needed to hide them away ?

:laugh:

he hid them.

he's got his effort and energy going to someone else. i wouldn't respond or waste any time on him.

forget the shoes even. it's just not worth the angst.

if he contacts you - don't respond - and certainly don't answer any questions about why you may need the shoes.

it's not really about the shoes... but, you already knew that.